Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whos got one? does it have heated grips? what all cool stuff does it have that the standard version doesnt?

tell me all the juicy details!

also, didnt suzuki tweak the cvt a little in the design where the stopper bolt enters?

im seriously thinking of getting a 2012 exec, so this info will really help me make up my mind.

thanks,

-matt

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I am sure the 2012 is just like my 2011. No heated grips or seat here in the states. They did make the stopper bolt a bit longer and changed the color to black. The main goodies on the Exec is:
1. Power windshield
2. Passanger backrest
3. ABS
4. Power mirrors (the power is jut to fold them in or out not to adjust them)
5. When riding at night the readout has a red glow to it.
6. There is no longer a temperature gauge, it is now just a warning light.

Off the top of my head that is about the only difference I can think of over the standard model.

Bill

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill-Bill said:
I am sure the 2012 is just like my 2011. No heated grips or seat here in the states. They did make the stopper bolt a bit longer and changed the color to black. The main goodies on the Exec is:
1. Power windshield
2. Passanger backrest
3. ABS
4. Power mirrors (the power is jut to fold them in or out not to adjust them)
5. When riding at night the readout has a red glow to it.
6. There is no longer a temperature gauge, it is now just a warning light.

Off the top of my head that is about the only difference I can think of over the standard model.

Bill
power windshield sounds great. bummer about no heated grips though. i dont like the idea of no temp gauge.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I forgot to mention that they did change the dash readout. It is much better (in my book) than the 2010s and older.

Bill

·
Registered
47 Posts
Also the MPG read-out goes above 50 MPG and seat material on exec is different than std. I do not think any Std models were sold in US. all 650s are executives in US for 2012. Think 2011 and 2012 are the same.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it looks like, by the pics LeDude posted, that the cvt cylinder is reversed so that the wider face meets the stopper bolt now. i think that is a wise design. LeDude, can u chime in on this matter? seems like a more substantial design to me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bill-Bill said:
I forgot to mention that they did change the dash readout. It is much better (in my book) than the 2010s and older.

Bill
Agreed, the instrument cluster is much cleaner and refined looking on the '12 versus previous years.

late,
Coz

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have penned a few words on my experiences with the new 2012 400, and the 650. I bought a 400 loved it, felt I needed the power increase, so traded the 400 in for a 650.

Should you wish to read my real world experience it's here - http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... 49&t=11136

It isn't technical and it's not well written; it's just my scribblings of how I felt with the new models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts