Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a nice 2005 (blue) with a bit under 12K miles.

I think I can get it for a reasonable price.

Anything particular to know about the 2005 models?

Also,...is the blue color of the 2005's the same as the blue which appeared on the 2003's?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

I'll be reading along.

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
The 2005 blue is not the same as the 2003 blue. The 2005 is code YBA - Pearl Deep Blue #2. The 2003 is code Y7H - Metallic Space Blue.

The 2005 is pretty reliable. I've got 2 friends that have but 61,000 and 73,000 miles on 05 models with no issues. It has the improved primary pulley adapter to solve the issue with those on the 2003/2004 model. It was the last year with throttle bodies that you could adjust the idle on and it does not have an O2 sensor or cat in the exhaust. The centerstand will be a weak point as it does not have the extra bracing gussets welded on it like the later models.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I had an '05 that I sold with a bit under 15,000 miles. It was rock-solid and never required anything but normal maintenance. I only sold it because I made an impulse buy on an under-priced '07 with under 1k miles.

I sold it in 2009 for $4000. It took me a few months to sell it, and I had to lower my price a few times. Could have been the recession or just the LA market at the time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have an 2005 Burgman AN650 since new. It has been a trouble free machine till now. Just normal Maintenance since new. It is very reliable. I am still on the original battery, which is still strong.;)

·
Registered
White Burgman 650 standard
3,157 Posts
Put 40,000 km on mine - loved it. Know it is still going strong with another rider.
Only flipped for an Exec.
Very reliable bike. Only needed a battery in 3 years of riding and it was the original in it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I am really enjoying my 2006{same as 2005 except for colors}. I bought mine with less than 600 miles on it and I have put a couple thousand on it since then{I bought it in June}. I have not done any long trips but it works great around town. The under seat trunk is huge! Plus the glovebox and extra cubby compartments give you a ton of storage. If that isn't enough a rear box can be added without too much trouble.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've had my 2005 for 11 months and put 10k on her. I had a headlight go out, turned out to be a wiring short and didn't even need to replace the bulb. Replaced the battery And a little brake squeal that was related to a drop I had. Other than that, just lots of rubber (on my third rear and second front) and oil.

Its a solid performer. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. So long as it's been garaged, maintained and exercised, you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
mikecalderone that battery is impressive nine years that's long time for a bike battery.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
My seat release cable lasted six years; you might want to pre-emptively replace it. If the bike sits unused for too long (on the order of a year) the front fork seals may dry out and leak -- that's something worth checking. Other than that, if well-maintained they're good reliable bikes.

I'd personally feel confident in taking any random decently-running B650 '05 and later with under 50,000 miles, fresh oil, and new tires, from here in Los Angeles to New York and back, expecting the worst problem the bike would give me might be a flat tire from road debris. (I'd bring a quart of oil too, but wouldn't expect to need it).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Model28a,
I know and can't beleive it's still working after 9 years. I do use the 650 all year round, which keeps the battery charged. I am thinking about changing it anyway because I know it will give up sooner or later. :p

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Mike I thought about saying that but I didn't want you to blame me if you had the new battery go bad quickly. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I've had my '05-400 since June of '05....
got it brand new. Currently have a bit
over 45,000 miles on it.
Just did a major rebuild of the CVT...
mainly to replace the bearings in the
driveshaft/rear axle/rear pulley assembly.
Also replaced the 2 pulley faces in the
front/variator pulley assembly.
A new belt & 18g DrPully sliders too.
Mechanic said that the original cent. clutch
looked/measured at about 50 % left.
Other than this, my repair/service costs
have been minimal.
3rd front tire..4th rear tire. 1 set of rear
brake pads replaced....front pads are original,
with about 35 % left.
Change oil & filter every 3000 miles.
All fluids & filters replaced every 2 years.
Original battery lasted 10 monthe...replacements
lasted 8 years. ( run dual batteries)
Little Blue is my friend.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have a 2005 Exec...now have 28,000 miles.

Absolutely trouble-free. Even when improperly laid up for the winter...started right up without a battery charger.

Everything is good. The charging system is strong enough to drive heated grips, something that, once you have them, you will never want to be without.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts