Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking forward to hearing from those of you who get the first 2005 650's. Seriously, if you have an order in place, tell us about it! What color, etc.

Is it a race? Who will be the first, second... to receive their 650?

Until then - Rob

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been wanting an 05, but have decided to just go ahead and get an 04 next week.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ordered

I had my dealer primed in Nov. '04 to get me one of the first '05 650s to hit the north FL area. In the hopes of an early delivery, I spoke with him today but was told that it would not be till the end of the month or the beginning of March (as advertised by Suzuki). My '05 will be silver. Right now the weather here is not that great so I am not missing any really good riding weather, but come March, watch out. I CAN'T WAIT! :D :wink:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks to you guys in the forum, I've got a Blue 650 ordered. I'll keep you posted. I hope the delivery is earlier than expected. :clock:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey guys (& gals) it will be interesting to see what part of the country gets the '05s out their first. Like the string says, the race is on. 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got dibbs on the first silver one that comes into my local dealer here in Northwest Wisconsin. Will post again when it comes.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just got this off my dealers Suzuki dealers website, regarding AN650K5.

NEW FEATURES:
Center section of front cowl changed from black color to body color for improved appearance
Turn signal lens changed to white color for improved appearance
New transmission Over-Drive feature for better fuel economy at highway speeds
Fuel consumption indicator, temperature indicator and Over-Drive indicator added to the instrument panel

Can you almost taste it! :twisted:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
...who took it word for word off the suzuki media site.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I believe that out West will have the first 05's as they inter the states by way of CA so it would make since that the dealers out there would get them first.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi friends.I know that in Barcelona,Spain,a dealer has received two black 650 K05.
NEW FEATURES:
Center section of front cowl changed from black color to body color for improved appearance
Turn signal lens changed to white color for improved appearance
New transmission Over-Drive feature for better fuel economy at highway speeds
Fuel consumption indicator, temperature indicator and Over-Drive indicator added to the instrument panel
Electrical windshield.
I've not seen even,but they are there.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
There ya go folks, if you're "chomping at the bit", catch a plane and go get yourself an '05 650 Executive in Spain.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I was keeping it secret till later. Suzuki is giving me a prototype(ish) 06 to demo and review on this site. Approx May/June time frame. Motor may have a larger displacement in reply to Honda's 725 cc 06 silverwing. oh wait...I must be dreaming. Sorry for the tease. :roll:
-Bryan

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Dang. I was getting all set to head out for 'baby sitting duties' at the Goose home in trade for getting to test the demo toy. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not bad, not bad

Well we have four states covered.
We need a buyer in California - to find out if Roger C or Mike is right...

It is split down the middle - 2 silvers, 2 blues.

Xirris, thanks for that report out of Spain. It would be nice to see some color elsewhereon the scoot. The cowl OK, or even some trim!

Could be a long month or 40 days...

Thanks, Rob

OH, NyBubba, Wings of steel, Wrecruiser and K-Rob - THE RACE IS ON !!

there is more room on the track, by the way...

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
billmeek said:
Dang. I was getting all set to head out for 'baby sitting duties' at the Goose home in trade for getting to test the demo toy. :(
As a Grandpa I must warn you... Babysitting three young boys for any significant length of time is not worth a ride on anything. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Now Paul ... you know that's not true. You get great enjoyment out of spoiling them rotten, hyping them up on sugar, and then sending them home with thier parents to deal with. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well, I've got no money so I guess I won't be getting my dream machine (Burgman 650). I'll have to live vicariously through all your posts.

I did however get to test-drive one and it was sweet. Until then I'll be driving my '86 Yamaha Virago 1100. If I had the money I'd trade up to the Burgman in a heartbeat!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
The V.A. is finally comming thru. Getting knee replacement in
March then rehab., then the other knee, then rehab., so looks
like I'll have to wait for the '06 650 anyway. No use getting the
'05 and have it sitting in the garage (That would be worse than
not having one). I'll listen you y'all about your good times knowing
my turn will come.

Mike

1 - 20 of 48 Posts