Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the proud owner of a 2007 Executive 650 with Civi box and higher windshield. Previous owner kept it in better than new condition. Was not feeling too good so had a friend ride it the 86 miles home. He is a dyed in the wool long time Harley rider. "Notice", he said, "that I am not wearing my colors and if you tell anyone I rode a scooter I will kill you". Started out with him unhappy. By the time we were home he was enthusiastic. Faster than his bike, comfortable etc.

Only thing we both noticed that is very different is that the Burgman does not like slow corners compared to our other bikes. Turning right from a stop seems like it can't stay in tight. Gotta learn a whole new riding style. Now I have a reason to ride!

Keith

P.S. Now they call me "Scooter"

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome Keith! Enjoy your new ride and enjoy the Burgman grin!:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Only thing we both noticed that is very different is that the Burgman does not like slow corners compared to our other bikes. Turning right from a stop seems like it can't stay in tight. Gotta learn a whole new riding style.
There is no true neutral on the bike. The clutch will disengage around 6-8mph when slowing to a stop.
For low speed manouvers, trick is to hold sufficient rpm's to maintain clutch engagement and use rear brake to control speed.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Also, while the bike is heavy, nearly all of the weight is down low. You need to lean it over farther than you think you do to get a turn started -- or lean into it yourself.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Also, while the bike is heavy, nearly all of the weight is down low. You need to lean it over farther than you think you do to get a turn started -- or lean into it yourself.
Agree.. when I pull outof my drive way I frequently turn right and I get lazy.. and the 650 goes kind of wide.. When I think about it, I lean it into the turn and it turns just fine..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like any other bike, a small amount of counter steer and they corner very nicely.....;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies and advice. Bike is very nice. Just hope for a few more good days to ride before winter strikes.

Keith

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
07 650 Exc that's what I was looking for when I bought my 09. Love the red color.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts