Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY BIKE SAT UP FOR 2 MONTHS.my truck latch was working then i went out to open it today and nothing tried again nothing so i had to access it from the rear of the bike to pop the latch so i got that done.i latched it back without the seat being down i can hear the key click but it's not opening the latch if anyone has some insights on this i sure would appreciate some help i know it goes to the ignition some where but after taken apart the front end i can't see where it goes to the ignition PLEASE HELP...I EVEN SPRAYED IT WITH SOME WD40 STILL NOT CATCHING
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,787 Posts
Many, myself included, have just ditched the whole keylock thing and run the cable out up under the rear fender, with a crimped loop hanging down. Hidden is often just as good as locked. and much more convenient. Unless a crook got very lucky it would take a half-a-day to find the ignition/fuel pump cut-off switch on my Mustang-yet it is quite convenient for me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
In the 3 years that I have owned my 2008 400 - I have never locked the underseat trunk........and therefor have avoided your problem 100% :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,787 Posts
v8eyedoc said:
In the 3 years that I have owned my 2008 400 - I have never locked the underseat trunk........and therefor have avoided your problem 100% :thumbup:
Can you not lock it on the '07+ models? That is not an option of the '03 to '06--when you close it it is locked, the only way to open it (release the latch) is with the ignition key...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
cliffyk said:
Can you not lock it on the '07+ models? That is not an option of the '03 to '06--when you close it it is locked, the only way to open it (release the latch) is with the ignition key...
Unless of course you have the handy dandy saltwater fishing leader attachment worked into your system. Then it only opens without the key. LOL!
My cable broke some 10 or so thousand miles ago and I just used a single drop saltwater fishing leader and attached it to the latch (taking the "drop" off of course) and hung it over the side. When I need security ( :shock: ) I tuck it under the edge of the seat and nobody knows any different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,787 Posts
Aladinbama said:
cliffyk said:
Can you not lock it on the '07+ models? That is not an option of the '03 to '06--when you close it it is locked, the only way to open it (release the latch) is with the ignition key...
Unless of course you have the handy dandy saltwater fishing leader attachment worked into your system. Then it only opens without the key. LOL!
My cable broke some 10 or so thousand miles ago and I just used a single drop saltwater fishing leader and attached it to the latch (taking the "drop" off of course) and hung it over the side. When I need security ( :shock: ) I tuck it under the edge of the seat and nobody knows any different.
I cut back the cable sheath and cable and ran it threw a hole into the rear fender well, out of sight all the time--as stated in my previous post...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,933 Posts
I wonder if the cable has stretched on yours.
On mine it would be difficult for that cable to come loose like yours did.
Glad you got it fixed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
cliffyk said:
v8eyedoc said:
In the 3 years that I have owned my 2008 400 - I have never locked the underseat trunk........and therefor have avoided your problem 100% :thumbup:
Can you not lock it on the '07+ models? That is not an option of the '03 to '06--when you close it it is locked, the only way to open it (release the latch) is with the ignition key...

If I push down firmly enough the latch will lock...... I just never do and even when going over bumps on a rough road surface - it never latches completely.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,516 Posts
Hmmmmmmm........the seat on my '05-400 latches every time
I sit on it. I've added the the stainless steel saltwater fishing leader
tucked under the fender, just in case the factory release cable fails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
this all sounds good.and the idea kinda would work but none ever give on the HOW YOU DO THESE THINGS lol i had to reformat my darn computer and couldnt remember my password and the email i used to recover it didn't work so i had to create another name i figured with all the issues i was having id give a better fitting name Feeble Knievel( was Badgator) .lol andone want to elaborate on how yah do these lil adjustments even though the switch works a back up plan never hurts lol
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top