Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,285 Posts
Make sure the oil is not overfilled? Run the bike on the center stand to warm it up. Then shut it off and wait 5 minutes (I know, not the official time but close enough to remember) and then check the oil level in the site glass. Should be in the middle. Should NOT be above the top of the glass.
Change the gas you use? Try to find Top Tier gas if possible.
Where do you live? Someplace where it's getting colder where you start the bike? Cold humid air can cause it to blow vapor and looks like white smoke sometimes.
What color is the smoke? Blue or white?
Is there any fluid of any kind at the end of the exhaust pipe?

I know, just what you wanted... more questions.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Super Moderator
15,606 Posts
Ugh. My bad. Thought that was 2013 not 2018..really need to get new glasses I'm think'n.

Is this blue smoke, gray smoke, white smoke?
Assuming blue from your thoughts on valve seals, it's possible you're eligible for the 2013/2014 head recall on the 650 and a couple other Suzuki models
Not sure how that would really show since only a couple folks reported getting it done, & I don't recall either having those mentioning having any issues before they had this addressed.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
12 Posts
2018 with just 4000 miles ?
Unless it has been terribly neglected I cant see it having anything catastrophic.
All bikes look like they are smoking especially on fast idle and first start up in cooler weather.
If its white smoke as most folks have asked above and dissapears after fast idle has died down, then nothing to worry about its normal.
With valve stem seals it would smoke on over run but at 4000 miles I cant see that,unless it has been run with very low or even no oil ?
Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank all of you for the feed back..Sold my 2011 for the newer 2018 650 Burgman ex with only 1600 miles on it....Looks new...Never noticed the smoke at start up until i changed the oil for first time and had the center stand up....Looks white...He said dealer changed it after break in...You have to sit and have the kick stand up...So facing the wrong direction to notice..Live in Florida so not a cold issue and i do pamper it so not abused.. I'll dig a little dipper...

·
Super Moderator
5,456 Posts
Any oil dripped on exhaust during change?

White “smoke” could be steam.
Your engine produces water so some steam is natural, particularly when the exhaust is cold.

What is your coolant level like?

·
Premium Member
17,945 Posts
use a 2x4 and a couple wedges under the sidestand get the bike as close to level as you can, then hold the left bar and get down so you can see the sight glass, better to be a little below center sight glass than above full if you need todrain oil, pull the filter, that will let about a half 3/4 cup drain out then put filter back on , run it a few minutes, go have a refreshin beverage, then come back , put the stuff back under the side stand and check it again, repeat till it looks a tiny bit low of center or you run outta refreshin beverages.
running with too much oil WILL damage the engine (for those who don't know)

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,285 Posts
And in Florida the humidity COULD be high enough to cause it to produce vapor during warm up even if not so cold.

·
Administrator
22,240 Posts
where in Florida are you ? we may have members nearby who can ride over and take a look and drink all your bee,,, uh help you out
He is about 104 miles south of you Mikey.

B, double E, double R UN.

• Haha
Reactions: rjs987
1 - 14 of 14 Posts