Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked the 2012 Burg to the bone . From Daytona to Cherokee NC, about 10 hrs with the boss and loaded to the gills . Givi 46 , under seat tank bag and scooter cover bungied to top box..unloaded rode the Dragon , some twistys , the Diamond Back , Blue Ridge out of Cherokee .. great weather except one day .. handled well new bridgestone on rear , settings on 4, 34psi front 43 rear .. Some Harley guys wanted to know what it was mmmm .

Interstate all the way combined mpg at 48
total miles 1584
Gas consumption about 33 gal cost $117.00

Noticed one thing only , I had to be careful the tankbag didnt cover the vent under the front seat .could smell the heat after the first stop

However fast did I go , well shucks I think the speed limit was 70 to 80 depending on the down hill slope ...

Speaking of seats, mmm, 560 miles tough ,, thank goodness I had the Mod done by Cary Vincent on my seat , which helped alot but the last 130 miles I had to use a trucker seat cushion I bought at Flying J and that helped ..

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride... and those fuel prices... criminal... wish those were the prices down under.

But... this thread is worthless without photos...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diamond Back runs from Little Switzerland off theBlue Ridge back down towards I40 east of Ashville . Exit at Marion on 221 and goup to fork of 226 and 226A. Either one will afford hairy twisties up to little Switzerland.. Straiight on 221 takes you to Linville Caverns..

My worthless thread was more about performance based info than pictures.. maybe next time .I enjoy the scenery but riding the roads is the challenge ..

·
Registered
735 Posts
The vent on the right side under the seat is the intake for CVT cooling air, you definitely don't want to block it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Diamond Back runs from Little Switzerland off theBlue Ridge back down towards I40 east of Ashville . Exit at Marion on 221 and goup to fork of 226 and 226A. Either one will afford hairy twisties up to little Switzerland..
Thanks Bill. Hoping to ride the BRP later this summer

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
276 Posts
Diamond Back runs from Little Switzerland off theBlue Ridge back down towards I40 east of Ashville . Exit at Marion on 221 and goup to fork of 226 and 226A. Either one will afford hairy twisties up to little Switzerland.. Straiight on 221 takes you to Linville Caverns..

My worthless thread was more about performance based info than pictures.. maybe next time .I enjoy the scenery but riding the roads is the challenge ..
226A is definitely the hairier of the two. 190 corners in 12 miles. I'd be careful right now. I read that highway crews have put in some tar snakes as a temporary fix, awaiting a permanent repair.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did the dragon last summer on my burg. I have a back injury from a car wreck while in service. My back usually starts to hurt after 50 miles. Solution - I put a cheap back rest or brace I found on line for about $89. I rode 675 miles one day with no back pain!! I never take this cheap back rest off my bike.
respectfully,
David Miller

·
Registered
857 Posts
May be moving to the Knoxville TN area and would love to use my 400 for a commuter!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
May be moving to the Knoxville TN area and would love to use my 400 for a commuter!
Depened on where you are in Knoxville and where you are commuting. Some traffic problems make it unsafe.

I live close by (25 miels from downtwon Knoxville) in Sevier County in an area called Boyds Creek - See Boyds Creek Hwy (338) on Google Maps (I am about 6 miles east of Hwy 411/441/338 intersection).

Want some ride information -- I have done about 280,000 miles mostly local within 125 mile radius of where I live.

Reports on www.EastTnBikers.com (Post under Ride Reports as PAULRIDES).

Also reports and all pictures on Country Raods Group Riders Photo Album by year and special rides. Pauls Machines and Rides http://countryroads.org/gallery3/index.php

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Depened on where you are in Knoxville and where you are commuting. Some traffic problems make it unsafe.
Very true. They didn't refer to Knoxville as malfunction junction for nothing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts