Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you all use them for? They don't seem to be lockable so I guess you wouldn't want to keep anything too valuable in them, right?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Front Compartments

Those front compartments are actually pretty deep on the 650.

I put a bottle of water in one - easy to grab it for a quick drink when I come to a stop.

I wrap a can of the Honda spray cleaner polish in a small towel and stuff it into the other one. Quick access for cleaning those bugs off of the windscreen.

The glove box on the 650 is rather worthless. It locks. But you can't put much in there due to the weird shaped shallow compartments. Those two side compartments are much more useful.

·
Registered
394 Posts
In the unlocked compartments I keep a notebook and pen, gum, sunglasses, a map, tissues, Purell, moist towelettes and other assorted low value stuff. In the lockable compartment I keep a digital tire pressure gauge, digital camera, mobile phone, small flashlight, and other things requiring some security.

·
Registered
793 Posts
AN400K3

Left small compartment :
foam ear plugs
gas receipts

Right small compartment :
gloves - when riding (barely fit in here)

Locking Front Compartment :
roll of toilet paper (box of tissue is too awkward)
2 cell clip-on flashlight
gloves - when not riding
state registration papers & insurance card

·
Registered
308 Posts
On the left I have a scarf and the inner lining of my gloves for when it really gets cold. They serve as nice padding for my cell phone when riding.

On the right I have a mini garage door opener that is velcro'd to the top. When you look in, you can't see it - it's a convenient place to put it I guess.

I don't have anything in the locked compartment, most of the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Storage

I keep my digital camera in one while I'm on a ride but always keep it with me when I'm off the bike. The other compartment is where I hide my cigarettes. Also keep a small notepad & pen. In the locking compartment I keep a small flashlight, small pair of binoculars & my glasses case. Sometimes a tube of sunblock. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Left one: Frozen .5 litre water bottle.
Right one: lined on bottom with an anti-skid grippy pad. This keeps the cell phone from sliding around. I also keep my military ID in it for easy access for the front gate of the base.

Lockable: Insurance and registration. Perscription sunglasses. Phone charging cord.

Under seat: Full face Shoei RF1000, HJC 2/3 helmet, soft armor jacket, Flourescent Orange eddie bauer windbreaker with reflective cloth. Gloves, owners manual. (Barely fits.)

-Bryan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the variety of answers, guys. No big surprises but it was still interesting to see what you used the compartments for. I'll probably keep insurance and registration in the lockable as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In addition to several of the items mentioned above I also keep a few business cards from my local dealer. I also due this with my Bajaj Chetak. I invariably have people commenting on my bikes and asking questions that may indeed lead to future sales. Now if I could just work out a commission rate with the dealers :wink:

Ride on.

-Greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts