Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
at low speed, on small reliefs (paved, grooves, joined...) I feel mini shocks (clong, clong, clong...) in the handlebar, and, (but is this the same problem ?)... from 115/120km/h (72/75 Mi/h), all the front of the 650 starts to vibrate. Can some one give me an explanation. (I am a beginner!)
The bike: AN650 Burgman, new tires correctly balanced...
see you.
Pirmil

--------------------------------
Titre : petit bruit dans le guidon et rebonds de fourches... pourquoi ?

Bonjour,
à basse vitesse, sur de petits reliefs (pavés, rainures, joint...) je ressents de mini chocs dans la direction, et ... mais est-ce le même problème... à partir de 115/120 km/h, tout l'vant du 650 se met à vibrer.
Quelqu’un peut il me donner une explication. (j’suis un bleu!)
Merci à tous.

·
Registered
793 Posts
pirmil,

As groovy as the Burgman is, smooth roads are what it's designed for.
The front forks bottom out quickly and can't dampen grooves, lips or potholes.

What you're feeling through the handlebars is what the front end can't stop.
There may be slight body plastic movement that adds resonance to the inadequate fork.

When I acquire an extra $200
my forks will get an upgrade.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and thank you for your answer.
The fork does not strike in thrust, not. It emits odd noises (clong clong) even on all small fine gravels or joined road.
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/x9-500/microfiches/front_fork_damper.htm
But, I am back of the garage and the mechanic thinks that it acts simply of an oil of too old fork and that all should return in the order when it changes it. As it must dismount the fork, it will also check if no part is unscrewed or destroyed.
Another thing: super... Suzuki France is OK to repair, under guarantee, the "diesel idle noise" . It sends the part and the accessories of disassembling.
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/x9-500/photoburg/AN650_dieselnoise-EN-FR.htm
see you.
Pirmil
I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks for the service info (Idle Noise).

I'll be able to prove to American Suzuki that they should honor that here too.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Fork Upgrade?

Ajwood,

How do you intend to upgrage the forks? Do you know of someone who is marketing aftermarket suspension parts for the AN650? I would have interest in upgrading both the forks and the rear shocks on mine if the parts were available.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts