Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small air bubble pockets seem to have emerged on my Bell Moto III helmet. Sometimes they can be squeezed out, but others don't seem to want to be removed.

Is this is an indicator that it's time to replace the helmet?

Is it possibly a condensation issue form storing a wet helmet in the topbox?

· Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Meh, drop back from 180 proof to 90 proof rum and it'll evaporate out .

· Registered
2,308 Posts
Small air bubble pockets seem to have emerged on my Bell Moto III helmet. Sometimes they can be squeezed out, but others don't seem to want to be removed.

Is this is an indicator that it's time to replace the helmet?

Is it possibly a condensation issue form storing a wet helmet in the topbox?
How old is the helmet? They should be replaced after five years, though some sources suggest 3 years.
Has it been repainted since new? I don't think water intrusion could cause that effect.
Has it been stored next to open containers of solvents (paint thinner, varnish, etc.)?

· Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
2,792 Posts
Those are little tiny air bags built in and accidentally being deployed! 😁

Actually I also am wondering how old is the helmet? I recently replaced my 5 year old helmet and was feeling it was maybe a little past its time. The foam padding and glue that holds it into the shell deteriorate within that time and can make a helmet unsafe and useless in an accident. Check the date that is always (or should be) stamped somewhere inside the helmet.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's 18 months old. No accidents or collisions. No re-painting or decals. One scratch (about the size of a fingernail) on the very top of the helmet where I scratched the helmet on the door while walking out of my apartment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.