6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got 500mi on it and at slow speed 30/35mpr at 3k rpm a intermittent surg
followed by a cough in the carb i think but seems to run fine on tackoff
05 burg 650 any help or comments is welcome thanks

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
There is no carb of course - it is fuel injected. I've never had an issue with surge on my '03 650. You are about due for your break-in service, so I would mention it to the dealer at that time. They should probably check for any air leaks at the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Slow Speed Surge

Two things come to mind what is the idle speed ? Should be 1200 rpm next would be the throtle body sinc. Has to be done by a dealer unless you have the factory manual and a dealer mode switch.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: Slow Speed Surge

magyver said:
Two things come to mind what is the idle speed ? Should be 1200 rpm next would be the throtle body sinc. Has to be done by a dealer unless you have the factory manual and a dealer mode switch.
I haven't heard of anyone having a throttle body sync done on an AN650 yet, but it was a common cure for V-Stroms. It is basically the same fuel injection system. I think the ecvt tranny kind of hides the problem if the throttle bodies are a bit off, where with a standard transmission bike you feel it much more. The other occasional issue with the V-Stroms was air leakage at the throttle body boots. Sometimes a backfire would even completely dislodge a boot. I did have a minor low rpm surge on my V-Strom last year - and a throttle body sync did resolve it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slow speed cough

thanks for the replys i look at the throttal body boots seem to be tight it idals at 1k rpm but no problems at idel or tackoff just going at 30mpr at around 3k rpm and it is more pronounced when going down a slight hill
and trying to hold the same speed iam tacking notes to ask the dealer
i will be tacking it in for the 600mi service this week ial let you know if thay do any thing thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts