1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
look up "battery tender"

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Schumacher also make good chargers. I have a Schumacher XM1 1.5 volt charger that I bought at WalMart for about $20 that I use on my bike batteries.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Schumacher also make good chargers. I have a Schumacher XM1 1.5 volt charger that I bought at WalMart for about $20 that I use on my bike batteries.
I think Buffalo means 12 volt 1.5 amp charger/maintainer.....
( he's ice-coated right now, so we'll give him a break );)

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
OK Duster, don't make fun of me because my mind is getting old and feeble.

Ice hasn't moved in yet but should start up in a couple of hours.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
I have a couple Battery Tender Jr.'s that I picked up on a good sale at an online vendor (not the Amazon link) that have done OK on a few bikes over the years.
Nothing real special, but they do the job.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Battery Tender Junior

What are good slow battery chargers for a new battery that has not been charged yet.
The battery tender junior comes with a fused pigtail connector that can be permanently attached to your battery. My tender is always keeping the battery at full charge both in the warmer and colder months of the year. And believe me, this winter it has been cold and the tender has done its job.

There are other good brands out there, but my experience has shown that this unit does the job and has extended all of my bike batteries well past their useful lifespan.

Mike

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You can usually get good prices on Battery Tenders at Jafrum. Right now they are $23.95 but they frequently have them for $19.95.
http://www.jafrum.com/Accessories/Battery/Battery-Tender-Junior-PTBATTEND12JR

PS
You should put your location and the size and year of your scooter in your profile so when you ask questions we know how to help you without asking where you live or what your scooter is.
That said in the link I posted it says "Not for sale in California or Oregon. It does not meet the CEC (California Energy Commission) regulations." So it looks like you may not be allowed to buy this if you live in California or Oregon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts