Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did it. I only took the edge off the ramp plate. Even tho the sliders are chewed up beyond what I've have ever seen, they still kinda work. I don't get as good a drop in rpm at slow speeds, but at highway, I'm at an indicated 75 at 6000 rpm. Pretty happy about that. I'm going to order out 21 gram sliders tomorrow and see how those do. I got the valves done at the same time. That helped power out tremendously. Seems louder now. I saw a video by MicBergsma, and he had 23 gram in a 07+. I want heavier, but can't find them. Where did he get them? Also, should I try taking a very small amount of the length off the ramp fingers? Anyway, thanks to all who helped with the slider problems.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, they are not dropping rpm like they were. Could it just be the shape is so off they don't work anymore?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's like they work when they feel like it. They were working well, then they slowly stopped. Don't know what happened. Acceleration is getting slower too.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I would like some input on a possible future purchase, please. Which parts, if any, would be best for my 2006 B400? Are these any good at this website? Will they help my bike?
Define "help my bike". Are you seeking fastest acceleration/performance, or best fuel economy/lower engine speeds at highway speeds--you cannot have both.

If you want the best compromise between those extremes the stock configuration is close to that; and free.

I took the former path, fastest acceleration/performance, and I have gotten pretty close to that with a heavily modified ramp plate and a combination of four 15g and four 18g sliders. On the highway engine revs are 10% less (500 to 750 rpm) than with the stock parts. This reduced fuel economy to a bit over 50 mpg around town and 55 or so on the highway; part of that "you cannot have both" thing I mentioned above...

·
Registered
302 Posts
50-55 mpg is terrible. I was looking for a way to lower the rpms when at highway speed but I don't want to sacrifice gas mileage to that extent.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
50-55 mpg is terrible. I was looking for a way to lower the rpms when at highway speed but I don't want to sacrifice gas mileage to that extent.
I take it then that your goal is to maximize fuel economy at the expense of improved "performance". Lowering engine speed at highway speeds will boost fuel economy (to the extent that is can be improved) in that event you want to pursue heavier rollers/sliders (the stock rollers are 19g); look into 20g or 21g sliders.

FWIW I think 50 to 55 mpg is great, as compared to the 15 to 20 mpg my other vehicle delivers:

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I have 19g sliders in my '05-400...
slightly more responsive on take-off,
& still got MPG in the mid-60s on my trip
to Minn. in July, & again about the same
mileage on my trip to the scooter get-together
at Corbin, KY in Sept.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts