Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read every thread and post about this subject in here. If I have come to the correct conclusion, here it is. For better acceleration and lower RPM's at highway speeds get the DPsliders. The one thing that must be done on the 2006 and older 400's is that the variator plate flages must be smoothed out. The rollers will last longer but not give the benefits. Yes, No?
How many total miles are people getting with the DP sliders, or has no one put 30,000 + miles on a set?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Based on my experience, your conclusions
about Dr Pulley Sliders are correct.
Prior to my using the Sliders, my rollers were changed
at the same time I replaced the belt...at the recommended
14,500 miles to 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I like the sliders better than rollers. I usually, replace the sliders/rollers every time I change the belt. I usually get about 15k on a belt then it is time to change it. I am already in there so it is no big deal to swap them out. I don't think you would get 30k on a set of sliders or rollers, they would get to chewed up.

Mike

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm on my third belt. When I changed the first belt I put DP sliders in. The stock rollers still looked new. I have almost 50,000 miles on now and the last time I looked at the DP sliders they still looked new. YMMV

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2005 400 with 38,000 miles on it. I checked the belt, clutch shoes and rollers at 35,000 and it was well with in specs, I noticed the rollers were starting to get very tiny flat spots on two of them, so I am looking at my options. I want to reduce the RPM's at highway speeds, but I don't want to have to change the sliders every 6-7 thousand miles and the pre 2007 bikes seen to be very hard on the sliders.
I have had a set of sliders in a Honda 50cc two stroke scooter for the last 600 miles and although there are things I like about them, there are other things I don't. I wonder if they react differently in a two stroke than a four?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
After 35k on the sliders they show a little wear but not enough to replace. I'll revisit this decision when I replace the variator, belt and clutch at 40K when. This is on a 2011 400.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Previously I said I had the sliders in a 50cc 2-stroke to see how I like them. In the threads that I have read people stated that their top end speed had dropped since puttting the sliders in. The popular theory is that the 400 did not have enough horsepower to pull the higher gearing the sliders give the scooter. I don't agree with that theory and here is why. I have been tuning 2-strokes for a long time and this one breathes real well for one that is on the street. It will bang on the rev limiter all day with rollers installed, but it will not do that with the sliders. I have plenty of horsepower to pull the taller gearing of the sliders and yes it does reach the same top speed of the rollers at a lower RPM. Here is the problem, it will not hit the rev limiter even going down a long hill. It should continue to wind out until it hits, giving me a higher top speed, but my top speed is the same on the flats as it is down hill.

My 400 with stock rollers will pull to 90mph strongly and then ease on up to an indicated 100mph in short order. I do not know what the top speed is because I use 8,000rpm's as redline and I have not hit the rev limiter. I feel confident that the 400 has the horsepower to pull the taller gearing of the sliders. I think something else is going on, I just have not figured out what. Any ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on guys, no one has any ideas why the scoot will not pull a higher top speed down hill with the sliders. I am completely flustered trying to figure out why. I put the rollers back in on Saturday and it zipped right up to to the rev limiter at top speed. If the sliders did this I should have an additional 8mph on the top end. The cause and effect, would tranlate directly back to the 400 Burgman.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts