Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
23,316 Posts
Never shine up a seat. I fell off my riding mower once. Did not have anything to do with me showing off to the pretty girl watching me at the time.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Nothing slick or shiny on bikes, slick on seats can be dangerous. Slick or shiny on tires can be catastrophic, if it gets on the tread or the brakes. Both can end badly. I'm guessing you were joking due to the seat belt comment.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Never shine up a seat. I fell off my riding mower once. Did not have anything to do with me showing off to the pretty girl watching me at the time.
30 years ago, pretty girls watched me cut the grass. They don't come around much anymore, maybe it's me. :unsure:

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,712 Posts
My wife used Armor All to clean the interior of a car we had many years ago. She even used it on the steering wheel. Bad idea. I didn't know and left for work early the next morning and ended up taking out a mailbox and clipped a power pole that was right next to the curb going around a curve in the road because the steering wheel just slipped through my hands. The Corbin seat on my Burgman 650 was a little slippery when I bought it so I am guessing someone used a leather cleaner on it that caused it to be like that. Had to use my feet to keep me in the seat but the shape of that seat held me from going side to side. I only would slide forward when brakes were used so I could use my feet to hold me in place. That wore off after many miles and all was good then. A motorcycle/scooter seat should be a little sticky for safety.

Reactions: s-steel

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I bought a Honda Odyssey a couple months back. They "cleaned" the entire insides... including putting some silicon sealer on the leather seats. Even with the seat belt on, I slid all over the seat on the 100 or so mile ride back home. It took about a month for my backside to scuff up the seat enough that I stopped sliding all over the place on every turn.

I can't even imagine what would happen on the bike!

·
Administrator
23,316 Posts
Take a 16 ounce Coke. Put a knife blade tip thru the plastic cap. Shake the bottle and turn upside down and spray the seat cover. Let dry and kill all the Yellowjackets that are swarming. No more slip and slide.

We sprayed the whole stage at Woodstock twice a day with Coka Cola to keep crazy singers from sliding off stage.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I've used lemon pledge on vinyl MC seats for a while, with no side (or slide) effects. It repels dust.
Unlike Armor All, which seems to attract

1 - 15 of 15 Posts