Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the cornering on the Skywave(Burgman) AN 400.

Getting in low and giving it a good turn to the right isnt a problem.However going left(although I havent done it yet) could result in the possibity of scraping the drive engine or the stand.The stand is ok but its the drive shaft that worries me.It seems very low.Scraping that may tip the bike???? I'm not sure?

Which one would scrap first do you think?

AN400 owners.Please share some of your experiences in cornering

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
You'll scrap the centerstand first. I've done it serval times on my 400 and although the noise will startle you, it doesn't do any damage to the bike.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I will also state that one up, you really gotta be hustling it to drag any hard parts. I have been on mine for over 6000 miles and have yet to drag anything. Then again, I ride like a gramma!!

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive gotten used to the conering and havent dragged it for 6 months.I still worry though that the back drive shaft on the 400 is a little too close to the ground compared to the 650 or the 250

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have about 328 miles on my new '05 AN400 and the first time the center stand scraped while I made a left, it woke me right up.... I wasn't even at much of an angle... I have since "rubbed" the stand about 3 more times.... I think I'll shave down that rubber stopper a little bit and see if it helps.... The driveline has never been a problem, just this **** t-stand - never rubbed it on my helix!

·
Registered
572 Posts
The same for me. The only thing that drags when I bank left is the stand.

I've found that I can counter-balance quite a lot left or right without touching anything if the road is flat and smooth. But if there are grooves, or undulations that compress the suspension, then I'm more likely to scrape something. Consequently, I seem to drag more in slow(er) turns in busy intersections (truck routes) rather than in fast sweeping corners.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Stargazer said:
The same for me. The only thing that drags when I bank left is the stand.

I've found that I can counter-balance quite a lot left or right without touching anything if the road is flat and smooth. But if there are grooves, or undulations that compress the suspension, then I'm more likely to scrape something. Consequently, I seem to drag more in slow(er) turns in busy intersections (truck routes) rather than in fast sweeping corners.
Stargazer,
Could you post a picture of your backrest, i just ordered one from Japan and would like to see how it looks monted.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
billmeek said:
You'll scrap the centerstand first. I've done it serval times on my 400 and although the noise will startle you, it doesn't do any damage to the bike.
My experience is the same (only did it once - enough for me to take that familiar turn less aggressively from then on!)

·
Registered
193 Posts
The only time I ever scrapped something was going over a speed bump...

and now that I think about it.... thats were that darn Green light trigger went!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts