Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a fairly tall (6'2", 34" inseam) rider, and as such, I don't have a lot of clearance between my knees and the dashboard. As a result, I've noticed that I tend to sit slightly crooked on the bike: there's a bit more clearance on the left, and that knee tends to hang out in the wind a bit more than the right. No, it's not a case of one leg longer than the other, because the left's my longer leg. :?

I'm wondering if it's just me, or is the Burgman just slightly unbalanced (like its rider). I know its drive is on the left, which is a pretty massive piece of hardware. Anybody else have this experience?

Simon

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Simon,
I guess it could be, but until someone gets out the ruler all I can say is it looks the same on both sides.
The plastic & seat are built off of the top of the frame (so-to-speak) the engine & drive are built in,
so I don't see a reason not to have it equal on both sides

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Simon, I have notice that I tend to sit off center when riding. Howvever, I have noticed it on different bikes. So I assume it has something to do with me, not the bikes.

Have you removed the seat butt rest to give you a little more leg room?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
roy_ryall said:
<snip>
Have you removed the seat butt rest to give you a little more leg room?
No, I haven't yet. I was considering it, but I find that the support that the backrest gives me is very comfortable. Perhaps I will this weekend. I take it it's fairly straightforward to do?

Simon

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Simon,

On the underside of the seat there are 2 small recessed screws that are only visable when the buttstop is all they way back. Remove the 2 small screws and then move the buttstop forward and it'll come completely out the front of the seat. Some people (myself included) have had problems removing the screw on the right hand side. On mine the threads were stripped to the point of using a dremmel tool to grind the head off the screw. Others have just used a hammer and tapped the screwdriver a couple of times to break the screw loose.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've hit the screws with WD-40, and again with Liquid Wrench, but still no dice: I can't move those screws. Who'd they have turning the screwdriver in the factory, King Kong? :shock:

I'll give it another go in a couple days.

Simon

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Try using duckbill pliers grasping the screw head pulling out and turning cc for a round or two. Both the screws in mine had the threads stripped near the head and the screwdriver finished it coming out. The satisfying finish came when the screws hit the trash can. Neal

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Eltee wrote
The satisfying finish came when the screws hit the trash can. Neal
agreed ! I never put my screws back in either, Have to open the seat to move or steal the darn thing anyway. :roll:

ClassicGeek,
Bottom line-they have to come out ! If all else fails, get out the grinder. :x

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally went for the gusto tonight: the drill would not be denied! 8) The remaining stuck screw is now only a memory, and the bum stop is sitting on my workbench. Sitting on the bike was amazing, and I can't wait to ride it. Instead of brushing the dash with my knees, I'm almost straight-legged. Okay, that's exaggerating, but that's what it feels like. :D

Now I have to figure out what to do about covering those holes...

Simon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts