Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, the bike belongs to my wife. However, I am the chief mechanic and experienced rider in the family. After she recently finished Basic Rider course, we looked for her first starter bike. Though a successful graduate of bike school, she was not yet comfortable with the hand/foot coordination required to operate a standard motorcycle. She had long before settled on the little VStar 250 twin, but when time came to buy her bike, we couldn't find one anywhere. We were at the local Hondakawazuki dealership waiting to speak with our favorite salesman and wandered into the scooter section. With a sheepish tone, my lovely wife asked if I would think any less of her if she got a scooter! She sat on the Burg and instantly fell in love. Our favorite salesman, a lifelong motorcycle pilot whose wife also rides, just so happened to have owned a Burgman long enough to put 30k on it, often loaded down with camping gear. We bought ours that day.
I returned to riding after a 15 year hiatus about two years ago, and ride a motorcycle with an international following as well. The venerable Kawasaki Concours, a '99 model. However, I have taken to commuting to work on the Burg to downtown Portland, Oregon as I like the faster mount time (lift seat - stow full size computer briefcase - turn key - ride!). I ride in rush hour traffic and am just as confident on the Burg as I am on the Connie. We made a trip to Mt. St. Helens recently, an hours' ride on the interstate, then state highway to the southern lava flows. The only downside of riding the Burgman two-up on the interstate is dealing with the buffeting from tractor/trailers. The upside to the Burgman is that its low center of gravity makes the buffeting manageable. And when necessary, it is fast enough to get out of truck wake with a little twist of the throttle.
Here's a thanks in advance to all you longtime Burgman riders and wrenchers who have made this forum such a valuable asset. Sirius Black is naked in the garage as we speak, I'm fixing the "jammed" cooling fan issue with help from the forum. Happy Trails everyone! See you in the forums.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Welcome Sirius Black.....
just watch out riding in Portland....
don't get run-over by the bicycle riders...
they'll run over anybody... :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts