Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd share a recipe. It is one of my staple easy fixes for bringing to get togethers, work and such. Everyone loves it and I think it tastes better than the real thing! (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups)

Peanut Butter Squares

Filling

1 Cup Butter, Melted
18 Ounces Peanut Butter, Creamy (I use Peter Pan)
2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
16 Ounces Powdered Sugar

Topping

6 Ounces Semisweet Chocolate
1/4 Cup Butter

Mix together peanut butter and melted butter until smooth. Slowly add graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Pat into bottom of 13"x9" pan. (Mixture will be very stiff.) Melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat or double boiler and spread over peanut butter mixture. Chill at least 20 minutes and cut into squares. Makes about 36 pieces.

These go better with milk than beer though! :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Not fair! Making me hungry and the cupboards are bare. :(

Time to go to the store for snacky type pseudo-foods.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Biker recipes are always a good topic.

Today I was thinking about 'Trout Pinon'...
Rub your favoite blend of spices into a filet of Trout
Squeeze a little lemon into it
heat a frying pan and melt a pat of butter
throw the fish into the pan meat side down
turn it over after it starts getting firm
splash in some tequila and heavy cream
let reduce,
crush pinon nuts
place trout filet on plate, meat side up
pour creme/tequila sauce over top
add pinon nuts and garnish w/cilantro
(add some diced green chili for a nice spicy flavor of New Mexico)

enjoy :p

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yum!

ABQ,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! Glad you could join us.

That recipe sounds marvelous! My family will love it, I can't wait to try it though I may use tilapia instead since it is plentiful here.

Mmmm! My mouth is watering...

Great recipe. Thanks for sharing with us!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
MMMMM peanut butter cups......my absolute favorite. Thanks for the recipe I have all the ingredients at home and I think this weekend will be a perfect time to test it......at least once..or maybe twice :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Sounds pretty fattening tho! :eek:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fattening?

Fattening? Nope. All the calories leave when the graham crackers are crushed, the melted chocolate releases all the fat into the air, there is no fat in the powdered sugar to begin with and the chemical reaction caused by mixing the melted butter and peanut butter forces the fat to stick to the bottom of the pan so never reaches your mouth...

I also have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. :D

For those of you that care:

Serving size is 1 piece (recipe makes 36 pieces)

Per Serving: 222 Cal (59% from Fat, 7% from Protein, 34% from Carb); 4 g Protein; 15 g Tot Fat; 6 g Sat Fat; 6 g Mono Fat; 20 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 18 mg Calcium; 0 mg Iron; 148 mg Sodium; 18 mg Cholesterol

I have a really cool recipe program that calculates nutritional values...but I live by the "if it tastes good, eat it" motto.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: Fattening?

ScubaGirl said:
I also have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. :D
I hear the sea temperatures are pretty warm there too. :wink:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only 2?

Only 2 recipes? I know you can do better than that! I know there are many more men than women here but someone must cook besides myself and ABQ! Pinwheel? Janine?

I'm bored with my normal fare and want a change. I know my family would appreciate it too.

Anyone have a recipe for Weightwatchers' Soup? My gram used to make it...has cabbage in it...

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I've not cooked a meal at home in many years. My son thinks a 'home cooked meal' is anything you can microwave. :lol: I don't cook because I hate to do the dishes. I'll start cooking again when they come out with disposable cookware. :roll:

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's not fair, I can't eat them. I am really really trying to lose some baby fat LOL
But ohh those sound delish. I might have to use my kids as an excuse to make some and then sneak one or two.

If I find some time in my day I will post some recipes :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Baby fat...

Mmmm, yes...baby fat...unfortunately I know only too well what that is...I've been trying to lose it for 6 years! It was easy with my first...had my second at 34 and it has been a constant battle. Of course I don't exercise as much as I used to or eat as well. I wonder if that has something to do with it? :D

Bill...you may have something there! We have a bunch of creative folk here. Someone should be able to come up with cheap disposable cookware...all our frozen dinners come in it! I wonder why it isn't commercially available. :shock: I know there is a market for it. I'd be first in line!

I line everything with foil so I don't have to "clean" the pans. I don't mind the washing and rinsing...I hate the baked on stuff! The six months we ate off paper plates with plastic utils when we were building our house was heaven. 'Course very bad for the environment but heaven none the less!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I don't cook very well. :(

I can bake an awesome chocolate cake though. I'll see if I can find the recipe. I put it away since I was told no more chocolate in my diet. :roll:

I also have a chicken recipe, I'll have to find it too.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Pinwheel said:
I don't cook very well. :(

I can bake an awesome chocolate cake though. I'll see if I can find the recipe. I put it away since I was told no more chocolate in my diet. :roll:

I also have a chicken recipe, I'll have to find it too.
Yeah I got one of those:

Erect a wire mesh enclosure.
Buy half a dozen baby chickens
feed em up
wring their necks
cook em.

:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Re: Baby fat...

ScubaGirl said:
Mmmm, yes...baby fat...unfortunately I know only too well what that is...I've been trying to lose it for 6 years! It was easy with my first...had my second at 34 and it has been a constant battle. Of course I don't exercise as much as I used to or eat as well. I wonder if that has something to do with it? :D
I've had three babies since 2001 (the last one 8 month ago) I have more than my share of baby fat LOL
Having babies does your body good (insert sarcastic laughter here)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL!

Three! Wow...I guess I know what you do all day! Jack wanted six, we agreed on three and stopped at two. At least you have an excuse...only 8 months have gone by...six years is "stretching" the baby fat excuse.

I actually eat less than I ever have but my [lardy] is in a chair for 8-10 hours a day. My problem is NO exercise. I have been walking with hubby and Sarah after dinner so hopefully that will help.

Best of luck childproofing the new home by the way.

Dee

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
My favorite Chicken recipe is very simple...preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken is baking dish, pour can of Cream of Mushroom soup over it, (Don't mix the soup with water or milk if you are using condensed) and bake for about 40 minutes. You can do the same with Pork Chops. You can also use Cream of Celery Soup. Really, really, really good...gotta go and make some now, ****! :thumbleft:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
CHOCOLATE CINNAMON CAKE

CHOCOLATE CINNAMON CAKE

CAKE
Sift together in bowl

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour

Bring to boil and then pour over the bowl mixture
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 tbsp. cocoa
1 cup water

Mix well with the bowl mixture then add
1/2 cup milk
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Mix and pour into lightly grease and floured 9x13 pan.
Cook at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

ICING

start 5 minutes before cake is done
Boil in a saucepan
1 stick butter
4 tbsp cocoa
6 tbsp milk
Pour over 1 box of powdered sugar, mix well then add 1 tsp of vanilla.

leave cake in pan. poke small holes in top of cake and pour icing on top.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Re: Baby fat...

Greencookiedoh said:
ScubaGirl said:
I've had three babies since 2001 (the last one 8 month ago) I have more than my share of baby fat LOL
Having babies does your body good (insert sarcastic laughter here)
Good Gosh.. I had Xan in 2001 and then thought about having another and said no way!!! My tattoo on my belly is just starting to look normal again. And I am still trying to lose the weight. I gained A LOT (over 150 lbs). I think it was because of my cake recipe that I posted above.
WARNING - do not eat the whole thing in one day.. LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts