Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It must be the full moon as people are driving like maniacs the last few days. However, simple safety practices have kept me from being hit not once but twice. One was yesterday and the other this morning.

Yesterday I was coming up to a red light just as the guy in front of me made a legal right turn on the red. I pull up and go to the right side of the lane. I then check my mirrors and just then I hear 'vroom' to my left. I look over and see a car rushing past me and right through the RED! I am not sure if the driver wasn't paying attention or purposely ran the red. Either way I was safe because I went to the right side of the lane.

The second one was a guy who turned in front me. I always slow down when I see a car at a cross-street stop. Because I was already slowing I was able to give more brake and prevent hitting him. Not sure if they guy saw me or not, I did however give him the horn so for sure he saw me then!

I can now attest that these two safety tips do indeed work. Ride safe out there!

·
Registered
592 Posts
When rain is predicted I ride my Kymco LIKE200i scooter to work. It has a large tail light, and the Bestem 929 top case has a great set of running and brake LED lights wrapping the rear and sides.
Climbing a posted 25mph sweeping bend in the city at 35mph (if you actually do 25 you will get run over), commanding my lane by riding in the left tire track in a steady downpour... I watch a lady in an suv close too fast and too close to me ---- then she swings by my front brake lever and passes me on the right as we sweep to the left up the hill!!
I laid on the horn and gave her the Italian WTHell with my arm in her rearview mirror (no fingers involved....saw a youngster in the passenger seat)
The scootering Angel was with me as she had to stop for a long light as mile ahead....which permitted me the opportunity to motor up to her window and inform her how dangerous and dumb that was.
She responded appropriately.....kept her window up and ignored me.
Always something new from motorists.
Stig

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yesterday I was coming up to a red light just as the guy in front of me made a legal right turn on the red. I pull up and go to the right side of the lane. I then check my mirrors and just then I hear 'vroom' to my left. I look over and see a car rushing past me and right through the RED! I am not sure if the driver wasn't paying attention or purposely ran the red. Either way I was safe because I went to the right side of the lane.

I can now attest that these two safety tips do indeed work. Ride safe out there!
this happens a lot in CA, we have a ton of these NO TURN ON RED lights

·
Registered
10 Posts
Safety Practices

Safety Practices include safety against not just accidents but also against miscreants. Recently burglars went off with the car and the police had to chase them from Fort Worth to Texas. Had there been innocent people inside, the situation would have been worse. Few simple steps can ensure safety of your cars http://www.calgaryalarm.com/blog/car...-car-break-in/.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Safety Practices include safety against not just accidents but also against miscreants. Recently burglars went off with the car and the police had to chase them from Fort Worth to Texas. Had there been innocent people inside, the situation would have been worse. Few simple steps can ensure safety of your cars http://www.calgaryalarm.com/blog/car...-car-break-in/.
Sorry, that is an unfound webpage.

Also, how far is it from Fort Worth to Texas? :D

Reactions: knucklehead

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been riding motorcycles now for 40 years and, I've always ridden with two thoughts in mind.

The first one is a lecture I got from the dealer when I bought my first motorcycle before he handed me the keys. "Son, remember, there is no such thing as an accident. It's always someone's fault. You ride like an idiot and it'll end up your fault..... Now ride it safe and enjoy it."

The other thing I learned pretty quick. EVERYONE ELSE ON THE ROAD IS AN IDIOT AND IF THEY CAN DO SOMETHING STUPID..........THEN THEY PROBABLY WILL..

Ride safe people and have fun.

Peter

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I didn't check the date, and now user speedandstyle is going to get an alert on a 5-year-old post. :)

Still good observations though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts