Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do have Princess Auto version Mighty Vac ( Canadian version of Harbor Freight ) but today perform front & rear brake fluid change on 650 Exec with Motion Pro Hydraulic Brake Bleeder.

Very easy, simple and fast change with this tool, one person only require, no tool clean up require, this auto bleeder have one way valve that let hydraulic fluid out but not let air back in. Pump, flush, add new fluid, repeat until all fluid clear, recommend simple little tool.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0143/

Amazon.com: Motion Pro 08-0143 Hydraulic Brake Bleeder: Automotive

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That's a great little tool Cherie. I used a similar thing to do my 400. Gotta say, my old fluid was very dirty after just 2.5 years of riding it. Brakes are even better now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a tool like that but have not used it to do brake fluid changes. Probably should figure out how to use it for this, sounds like a good tool.

Just changed fluid last weekend with some clear vinyl tube and an old glass peanut butter jar - the old fashioned way. It works, but your way might be even easier after getting set up.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
If air cannot replace the fluid then how can the fluid drain out?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The fluid is replaced with more fluid, fluid comes out the tube at the bottom and new fluid goes in at the top. Just make sure you keep enough in the master cylinder so you don't suck air back into the lines.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fluid is replaced with more fluid, fluid comes out the tube at the bottom and new fluid goes in at the top. Just make sure you keep enough in the master cylinder so you don't suck air back into the lines.
Yes correct ! One way valve, pump, flush, replace with new, pump, flush, replace with new, simple, very fast, when happy close bleed valve put diaphragm and cover back, ready to go.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My 650's fluid just drained out using gravity. Slowly of course but that's good because it gave me time to add more to the reservoir and not risk any air entrainment. I think my GF's 400 drained with gravity also, or maybe using a few gentle pumps of the brake levers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a quistion. I noticed that my brake fluid level is dropping when squeesed the brakes. Can i do a top up or should i replace all the fluids?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
You can do a top-off, but that
dropping level tells you that your
brake pads could be getting thin.
If you do a top-off, & then replace
the brake pads, you could easily
have brake-fluid running-over from
the master-cylinder/brake lever.....
brake fluid is NOT NICE to get on
things. Check the condition of your
brake pads first, & also check for leaks.
Then make a decision on what your
next step will be.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
So Chérie, do you prefer it to mighty vac?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Get to the spot where you can see the pads from and estimate or measure their width.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts