Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Motorcycle Guide, an online magazine has just put out thier road test of the '05 Silver Wing. If you want to read it you have to subscribe (it's free) at http://www.cmgonline.com

I actually find the site a tad confusing but the content is generally well done.

As for a summary it goes like this: One of the more spacious of the big scooters. A narrow middle section so the reach to the ground is reasonable but foot room lacks because of this. Acceleration is good to about 65kph then is slower to 130 kph and slower still to the top end. (I'm guessing passing power may be lacking.) No top speed was measured but Honda says ~170kph. It is good looking with a nice dash layout. In Canada you can only get the abs model. List price is $700.00 cheaper than the Burgman 650.
There wasn't an awful lot said about the handling but they did state the suspension worked well. There was mention of some bad sensations when they tried to do some manoevers that were not within the realms of the bikes design (no kidding?). The wind protection is good but the screen is narrow and noisy at cruising speeds. The brakes worked well.
In the end they figured the Little Wing had an uphill battle to compete against the 650 Burgman.

Hope this helps anyone looking for info. There is also a test of the big Ruckus which I will post a summary of shortly.

Rubble

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Rubble said:
There is also a test of the big Ruckus which I will post a summary of shortly.

Rubble
I can hardly wait! Seriously, I like that ugly little devil. I don't take my Burgman or V-Strom down gravel roads. They'd get all dirty ya know. :roll: So I can't explore about half the roads in this State. I think the Big Ruckus might be ideal for that. I mean it looks like it wants to get dirty! :p

·
Registered
497 Posts
"It looks like it wants to get dirty"
Sounds like a compliment to me. Big Ruckus is a sturdy looking little bike.
I checked out the stats on the Honda site and it shows pretty much the same as the Reflex: same weight, height, tires, motor and brakes. But that tough frame and that seat that flips up to become a back rest is a good selling point...and it was comfortable when I sat on it in the showroom.
There are plenty of places in New Mexico for a scoot that wants to get dirty. My guess is there are plenty of places where you live too. That's what will make this Big Ruckus a big deal for Honda.
Now, if they made a HUGE Ruckus with a Silverwing engine......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts