Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,986 Posts
I like the blue on the 2003 400s. However, I did not like the same blue on the 650. I think it has to do with the longer narrower look of the 400. I was going to get a blue 400, but I decided to get a 2004 and the 2004 blue is a new color. From the pictures I saw, it is not a attractive as the 2003. I ordered a Silver 2004 400 to be safe. As far as visibility, there maybe not be much difference. Blue is darker, but silver is very hard to see on a sunny day also.

· Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Terry, here is a message I posted before. If you have any other questions let me know.

"A number of people have asked me why I would change from a Burgman 650 to a 400. Here is a list of items I have come up with:

Lower seat height
Easier routine maintenance
Lower operating costs
Cheaper insurance
Simpler technology
Easier to operate at low speeds - lighter
It cruises at a high enough speed to handle any highway situation
Accelerates sufficiently (I may add a Malossi unit and/or a Leo Vince exhaust to remove the lag in acceleration from 25 to 45mph)
Handles sufficiently in the curves
I think I can do long distance touring on it
It might make me slow down a little
I always have been drawn to simpler things
Something new to try
Crazy

The 650 is a great bike. All things considered, it is the best all round bike I have owned. It rides better, corners better, more comfortable than the 400, but the 400 has its own pluses (listed above).

Disclaimer: I have only ridden a 400 for about 200 miles in various driving environments, but I think it is a good move for me. If not, I can whine about it later."

Roy, soon to be 400, tn usa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.