Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, your significant other returns from the supermarket - 'I had a little bump in the car park' - WELL lets us hope it ain't like:

THIS!
:D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah, I dated a girl like that.
(sorry I'm still on dial-up modem. Cable's not out here in the country, and fibre optic is miles from us.)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alan said:
Yeah, I dated a girl like that.
(sorry I'm still on dial-up modem. Cable's not out here in the country, and fibre optic is miles from us.)
Sorry Alan - I normally post if it is not dial up friendly - but I do forget sometimes that we are not all on on a fast service. :oops:

·
Registered
97 Posts
War is not the answer? Good thing those ladys didn't know how to use an Uzi. I can just see them blowing the smoke from the end of the barrell
standing next to the limp body of the other with their boot on their chest.
Quite funny Norman, who needs Benie Hill!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Been there.

Bought a new VW years ago.

Went to the auto show.

Drove all the way to the far end of the parking lot to be alone and safe with my shiny new car.

Two vehicles followed me all the way there from the entrance.

An elderly lady in a car and a couple in a pickup truck.

The elderly lady parked on my right and truck on my left.
Was considering moving somwhere else.
Too late!

The elderly lady opened her door, wacked my VW time and time again with her butt against her door while she hunted for her purse or whatever she was doing.

Went around to stop her (she was still doing it), pointed out, rather loudly as I recall (she was a little hard of hearing), what she was doing to my brand new car.
As she looked up astonished, my whole car suddenly rocked because the passenger in the pick up truck (who had parked on my other side), slammed her door into my new VW.

I yelled at them also, told them not to leave until I had settled with the first miscreant.

What really ticked me off was their attitude (Like the lady in movie in the newer car).
They couldn't seem to figure out why I was upset.:shock:

There was enough damage done to warrant body and paint work, real dents, one big one from the truck, and many small ones from the lady on the other side.

I still haven't figured out why they had to follow me all the way down to the end of the lot and park on either side of me.
The parking lot was enormous and only about 5% filled. :evil:

Monkey see monkey do I guess..... :?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lilleyen said:
Been there.

[snipped]

I still haven't figured out why they had to follow me all the way down to the end of the lot and park on either side of me.
The parking lot was enormous and only about 5% filled. :evil:

Monkey see monkey do I guess..... :?
It was those freakin rare earth magnets! :D :D :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hey Norm... thanks for that!! That was very entertaining!! If you do something like that here in Los Angeles, well... you better be wearing protective armor.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've never had a car that was without some cosmetic damage for very long.
It's an affront to the (universe) if anything I own stays 'perfect' for long.
...all things being transitory...... :roll:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I bought a new Plymouth Duster years ago. A run-away shopping cart put it in the body shop just one week after I bought it. Put a crease down the entire right side of the car. I had parked far away from the crowd. That just gave the shopping cart room to gather momentum as it careened across the parking lot.

I bought a brand new BMW 2002 in 1969. I lived in an apartment complex where the apartments had balconys. Someone knocked a flower pot of of a second story balcony. It landed right in the middle of my trunk.

Best advice is to by an old car that already has some minor cosmetic damage. Nothing ever happens to those...

·
Registered
553 Posts
NormanB said:
You know, your significant other returns from the supermarket - 'I had a little bump in the car park' - WELL lets us hope it ain't like:

THIS!
:D
Norman, you've got to find another hobby. :lol: You have way, way, to much time on your hands. :wink:

·
Registered
553 Posts
pauljo said:
Best advice is to by an old car that already has some minor cosmetic damage. Nothing ever happens to those...
That's all I could ever afford anyway. 8)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
pauljo said:
One of my friends drives an old junker that has more bondo and primer showing than anything else. He always drives it to work (downtown) rather than his nice car. When I asked why he didn;t at least paint it he told me, "nobody will ever steal it, traffic avoids it, and it's fun seeing how far over a limo will get into the other lane when they're beside it."

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's the appropriate thread for this:
Back in the 80's I was driver training instructor for the fire department. To acquire their license, I'd drive this fire truck to the local driver's license facilityand always park it in the open area of the lot so when they come out to take the practical skills test it would be easy to pull out. One time as luck would have it, we had to go to a different facility because one was so lined up and busy. Upon arrival, I positioned the truck out in the open and we went in. The student filled out the paperwork and the examiner went with her to test her driving skills. They were not gone long at all. While pulling out forward and turning to the right, she had scraped a car parked next to her on the right side. She scraped the side of the Driver's License Facility MANAGER'S old personal car. It wasn't bad, and a gratutious amount of beer money would make it forgotten.
She deposited a little fire truck lime green onto his multicolored junker-- in addition to what was already there: school bus yellow, fire truck candy apple red, ambulance Omaha orange, trash truck blue and highway department safety orange. This dingbat had quite the scam going. He'd watch from his desk and when a large vehicle parked out in the lot, he'd go park his junker on the blind side. I never played politics very well, so I'll just leave it as he is no longer a manager and the last I heard, he is serving in some far remote Podunk place in the state of Illinois pushing his pencil.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Paul, I always enjoy reading your posts. However the one above
has me stumped. How did you buy a 2002 BMW in 1969?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Mike said:
Hey Paul, I always enjoy reading your posts. However the one above
has me stumped. How did you buy a 2002 BMW in 1969?
The first two BMW car models that sold well in the USA were the 1600 and the 2002. They were very similar except for engine displacement. The 2002 had a 2 liter engine (and was pretty fast for its day).

http://www.bmwworld.com/models/newclass/2002.htm

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
..............and prior to those models BMW turned out some junk (like their motorcycles are now! :lol: ) and had a pretty poor reputation. It was models of that class that put them on the road to where they are now.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I also had a '69 2002. It was lowered, flared, rode like a log truck (set up for autocross), and my kids HATED it. When I'd suggest we go for a ride, they'd tremble and cry until I agreed to take the Subaru. :roll: I thought it was kinda fun, though. :)

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts