21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Not sure if this counts
My route up through Lancashire to the Lake District takes me past this.
Gisburn Road roll house. Has the old toll rates on the wall :)
32 horses = free

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Found this sign in one of my cellars when we moved in, probably liberated from the nearby park/boating lake

Looks like a fish story (poking fun at G-Dub).

Reactions: G-Dub

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The next time anybody asks
"What's the Firkin Point?", you can tell them that it's a headland projecting into Loch Lomond, Scotland.
Strangely, there are no direction signs to it.
Water Cloud Sky Mountain Natural landscape

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Droids?
How dare you, be off with your dalekphobic nonsense.
Come the invasion you will be one of the first to go.

:) Brown signs here are tourism signs. I think this was Cardiff where the BBC Dr Who unit is and had an exhibition.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
For some reason I never got into Dr. Who. But it is about time for our usual Sunday night trio of Summer Wine, Hyacinth and Shakespeare and Hathaway.

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Where summer wine is filmed is about halfway between me and Bluestrom. I pass through there quite a lot.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Do you ever see those Bobbies napping on the side of the road? Lol. Beautiful country. Would love to go back someday.

• Haha
Reactions: Bluebottle

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
For some reason I never got into Dr. Who. But it is about time for our usual Sunday night trio of Summer Wine, Hyacinth and Shakespeare and Hathaway.
Just curious, are the dubbed? Sometimes I struggle with the "Summer Wine" dialect.:)And I'm a Yorkshireman (South).

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Just curious, are the dubbed? Sometimes I struggle with the "Summer Wine" dialect.:)And I'm a Yorkshireman (South).
No, but sometimes we have to run it back and turn on the captions to pick up a word or phrase, or just watch with the captions on. And occasionally have to look up an unfamiliar word unique to the British.

While it's not one of the usual comedies, I think one of my all-time favorite shows was All Creatures Great and Small. I hope there are more episodes in the works.

Reactions: Bluestrom13

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I think one of my all-time favorite shows was All Creatures Great and Small. I hope there are more episodes in the works.
There are, if you are watching the originals ones from '80s. We have the 2020 version already. Not a patch on the originals IMHO.
That pic I show earlier (#15 Heather and Sky Scene) was taken only a few miles from Herriots real practice.
If you like the TV series you should try James Herriot's books.:)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts