Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road-signs ... Directions to.. Instructions to..Speed Limits...etc.
Sometimes I think there are just TOO many, here in UK.
Some junctions have such a plethora that you need to STOP to see the one that's pertinent to you!
Just a maze of words.

But 2 that stand out for me,and have only recently been introduced are :-
" WARNING - NO ROAD MARKINGS"
a variation of which is : -
" WARNING - WHITE LINES REMOVED"
What the heck chance have I got of seeing these things, on a board, if I can't see that there are no white lines or markings on the road ?

Then there's one (only one, thank heavens) - "STOP SIGN REMOVED". And this at a pedestrian crossing!

Do you guys get anything similar occur?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The next time anybody asks
"What's the Firkin Point?", you can tell them that it's a headland projecting into Loch Lomond, Scotland.
Strangely, there are no direction signs to it.
Water Cloud Sky Mountain Natural landscape

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
For some reason I never got into Dr. Who. But it is about time for our usual Sunday night trio of Summer Wine, Hyacinth and Shakespeare and Hathaway.
Just curious, are the dubbed? Sometimes I struggle with the "Summer Wine" dialect.:)And I'm a Yorkshireman (South).

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I think one of my all-time favorite shows was All Creatures Great and Small. I hope there are more episodes in the works.
There are, if you are watching the originals ones from '80s. We have the 2020 version already. Not a patch on the originals IMHO.
That pic I show earlier (#15 Heather and Sky Scene) was taken only a few miles from Herriots real practice.
If you like the TV series you should try James Herriot's books.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts