Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
For some reason I never got into Dr. Who. But it is about time for our usual Sunday night trio of Summer Wine, Hyacinth and Shakespeare and Hathaway.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Do you ever see those Bobbies napping on the side of the road? Lol. Beautiful country. Would love to go back someday.

• Haha
Reactions: Bluebottle

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Just curious, are the dubbed? Sometimes I struggle with the "Summer Wine" dialect.:)And I'm a Yorkshireman (South).
No, but sometimes we have to run it back and turn on the captions to pick up a word or phrase, or just watch with the captions on. And occasionally have to look up an unfamiliar word unique to the British.

While it's not one of the usual comedies, I think one of my all-time favorite shows was All Creatures Great and Small. I hope there are more episodes in the works.

Reactions: Bluestrom13

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
There are, if you are watching the originals ones from '80s. We have the 2020 version already. Not a patch on the originals IMHO.
That pic I show earlier (#15 Heather and Sky Scene) was taken only a few miles from Herriots real practice.
If you like the TV series you should try James Herriot's books.:)
I wasn't aware of the shows from the 80s. I'll have to look into that. When you say not a patch on the originals you mean you think the originals are much better?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts