Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road-signs ... Directions to.. Instructions to..Speed Limits...etc.
Sometimes I think there are just TOO many, here in UK.
Some junctions have such a plethora that you need to STOP to see the one that's pertinent to you!
Just a maze of words.

But 2 that stand out for me,and have only recently been introduced are :-
" WARNING - NO ROAD MARKINGS"
a variation of which is : -
" WARNING - WHITE LINES REMOVED"
What the heck chance have I got of seeing these things, on a board, if I can't see that there are no white lines or markings on the road ?

Then there's one (only one, thank heavens) - "STOP SIGN REMOVED". And this at a pedestrian crossing!

Do you guys get anything similar occur?

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Yeah, I see these often -- a few just this week -- on newly repaved roads, when the job hasn't been completed yet (i.e., the new paint hasn't been applied yet):

No Center Stripe

·
Registered
637 Posts
I’ve seen a road around me that staring this year, has news signs stating a low 35 mph speed limit “seasonal “. How do you know if it’s the “season”, with no listed months, or dates? 🙄🤔🤪

·
Super Moderator
5,413 Posts
I can’t remember where exactly but coming off the motorway (70mph) around London there was a sign on the off slip for entering congestion charge zone, charges, how to prepay by phone, area covered and so on.
Basically an 8 ft high pamphlet.
I reckon I registered less than 1/8 th of the words and none of the meaning and it was behind me.

On the other hand, that guy always going on about what a great driver he is and everybody else isn’t - ask them what the last road sign they past was :) Some people drive like they are watching aTV and not taking part.

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
I always wonder what the fudge the crew were thinking when they put out one of those large auto reader bordes that are 2 or 3 pages. The speed limit is 70 MPH and to read all 3 pages you must slow down and take your eyes off the road. Sign says "Do Not use Cell phone while driving......"

Reactions: jenkins

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
I’ve seen a road around me that staring this year, has news signs stating a low 35 mph speed limit “seasonal “. How do you know if it’s the “season”, with no listed months, or dates? 🙄🤔🤪
Pics or it didn’t happen.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts