Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The parking brake cable has siezed on my k3 Burgman 400,does anyone know which plastics i need to remove to get at the cable.Cheers.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
To get to the front of the cable you are going to have to remove the front box. That is the part that has the fuel door and glove box in it. To get it off you have to remove just about all the bodywork on the front of the bike. To get to the back of the cable you will have to remove the cover over the rear caliper. According to the manual that is all you need to remove to replace the cable. Can't guarantee that as I've never actually done it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To get to the front of the cable you are going to have to remove the front box. That is the part that has the fuel door and glove box in it. To get it off you have to remove just about all the bodywork on the front of the bike. To get to the back of the cable you will have to remove the cover over the rear caliper. According to the manual that is all you need to remove to replace the cable. Can't guarantee that as I've never actually done it.
Just finished reading all about,it's more time consuming than dificult.I'm gonna sort it out shortly,i might post a picture by picture of the proseedure.Looks like those cables on the Burgmans need to have regular maintainance.Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Before you strip things out. On the rear brake unhook the spring. Release the cable nipple and check your cable can move by pulling the handbrake. You may need to grease the caliper part. Remove the centre bolt holding the actuator lever. Then removed the lever. Turn the centre so it unscrews very course thread.clean it and clean inside then regrease it. Mark it with some tipped before you strip so it goes back in the same place. As for the cable when you get the front box off release the cable end and using duck tape around the cable end form a funnel and fill with very thin oil or release agent so it dribbles into the sheath and lubes the cable

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before you strip things out. On the rear brake unhook the spring. Release the cable nipple and check your cable can move by pulling the handbrake. You may need to grease the caliper part. Remove the centre bolt holding the actuator lever. Then removed the lever. Turn the centre so it unscrews very course thread.clean it and clean inside then regrease it. Mark it with some tipped before you strip so it goes back in the same place. As for the cable when you get the front box off release the cable end and using duck tape around the cable end form a funnel and fill with very thin oil or release agent so it dribbles into the sheath and lubes the cable
The first thing i did was unhook it from the back brake,it's definetly siezed well it's now snapped.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
well it's now snapped.
Problem Solved .....just carry a chock under the seat or bungie the front brake lever when parked on a hill.

Reactions: Plum loco

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem Solved .....just carry a chock under the seat or bungie the front brake lever when parked on a hill.
Thats a good idea,iv'e got a propper chock knocking about somewhere.Saying that,i do like things to be right.

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
ditto don't park facing down hill, this beast gets HEAVY trying to back it up an incline, double heavy trying to back it up an incline in sand, and really really heavy trying to back it up an incline in sand while an irate hus uh person is chasin you.

So I been told

Reactions: G-Dub
1 - 10 of 10 Posts