Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have the great an 650, my privious scooter yamaha 250 majesty(still have that too) had a tendency to scratch the sidestand when going a little deep in the corners. It scared the hell out of me!!! I have been quite careful my first weeks with the burg and my question is. Has this happend to anyone on the burg 650?? (bigger weels....but sitll)
Sunny, beautyful Norway... 8)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Grounding the centrestand

Fear not Lars, both sides if my centrestand are worn away from scratching the road, I even have a few scratches on the sidestand mounting but so far no plastic has touched down.
Bazza :!:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Lars, Bazza is right. You will touch down both sides of the centrestand, and the sidestand too, if you combine travelling very quickly through bends with having the suspension on the lower settings - or carry heavy luggage and or a passenger.That's part of the 'joy' of owning a bike with a centrestand that you can really throw through the bends...

Nice bike the Majesty - they call them simply "Majay" over here, and they are the choice of the youth. I've also got a Honda Forza (Reflex) 250 which I use for the commute. Bulletproof, flies through bends, and with ABS it's a seriously competant rain bike, much like the Majesty.

Lycheed

·
Registered
969 Posts
Lars,
I find I rub the centerstand from time to time also, and worried about it a little until I grabbed it and discovered it has about 1/2 inch of negative (upward) travel. It won't likely lift the back wheel off the road if you get in too hot.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You guys are smokin' up the roads! I'm an ex-production road racer, so I don't exactly go slow in the twisties, but I have yet to scrape anything.

Having said that, it may have something to do with my light weight (145), the fact that I ride solo, and that I keep the tires pressures slightly above factory recommendations, and that I have the rear shocks set on 3.

Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I'm the same Ted. I guess my carving days are up, or maybe its due to the lack of some real good twisties around my area. Oh well I'm content not scraping anyways :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts