Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wouldn't that be nice? I'm thinking quite a lot of re-engineering of the frame would be necessary (1) to provide the necessary attachment points and (2) to beef it up to be able to absorb side leverage loads without distortion, (3) in the litegeous society we now live in an international Certificate of Conformity (Design) would also be required prior to acceptance by insurance companies for use on public roads.

In short, a new specially designed frame would almost certainly be required that could prove rather expensive - unless you know differently!

Jim

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have not seen a sidecar on 400, but do know 2 people that have sidecars on 650s. I have looked up Texas Sidecar on the web and they show sidecars and mounts for both 400s, and 650s. Both of the 650s that I know of have modified triple trees for easier steering effort, and both run car tires on the rear. Check out sidecar.com, and click on the forum to check lots of info on sidecars. There will be some Burgmans at the National Sidecar rally in Sturgis near the end of June, you can find info on that at Sidcar.com too. There is also some kind of scooter meet or rally going on in the Black Hills at the same time as the Sidecar Rally, but I haven't been able to find any info on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts