Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed the side wings on the front fairing the other day. Made quite a difference in the riding comfort. They really do divert the wind away from your legs. The only thing about them is that you have to be really careful installing them. Take your time and they will install properly. They look good as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Watched micbergsma's youtube video on the install, and ordered a set from Oneida Suzuki. Didn't even think about them until you posted. Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What is the part number? I found an air deflector on e-bay but would prefer buying from another source but can't find the side wings on Oneida's site.

Thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
Do you have the web site for the micbergsma sidewings info?

·
Registered
137 Posts
In youtube search, just type in Burgman 400. Can't remember the order number. Might be on one of the youtube video comments.

·
Registered
137 Posts
At amazom.com, they are listed under K7AN400 Wind Deflectors. $132.48 plus free shipping. On youtube type burgman 400 side visor set to take youto micbergsma'svideos.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just looked at my receipt. I paid, after shipping, $131.35. The SKU number is 20812/99000-99031-163. I typed that number in the Oneida website, but came up blank. May have to call them, if you want to deal with Oneida.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks to all that replied. The wings have been ordered. And yes, I have seen Mitch's videos - have them bookmarked for future viewing.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Not only do they dress up the looks of the Scoot,They keep much ,if not all the rain from your feet and lower legs,.I would hate to be without them when I have to ride in the rain. One caution is , they could be damaged easily if you drop the scoot.Fortunately when it happened to me I was on grass.which only bent one of the attachment clips.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>And yes, I have seen Mitch's videos<<

What's the story with this guy anyway? His "pantomime" videos are fascinating, as are his other non-scooter escapades.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
hey guys, be aware that for the Burgman 400 2013, there is a slight modification on the front, so the corners of the wind deflectors model 07+ will tend to get separated from the bike's body. I had to put extra 3m double sided tape to get the corners in place, I'm thinking of getting a new pair straight from Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I have the wind deflects on my Exec. Much bigger than the 400 ones and really do keep rain and road spray off of your feet and legs. Do take a bit of getting used to - nearly fell over when coming to a stop a few times at first as you have to remember to move your feet back before trying to put them down!
Here's a link to a picture to compare them with the 400 ones.
https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/accessories/product/wind-deflector-set/

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>as you have to remember to move your feet back before trying to put them down!<<

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. That might be more of a PITA than it's worth.... at least to me.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
here is how it looks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks Fernando..... it looks like the 400 versions do not really get in the way of your feet, so I am once again interested! :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
>>And yes, I have seen Mitch's videos<<

What's the story with this guy anyway? His "pantomime" videos are fascinating, as are his other non-scooter escapades.
He's profoundly deaf and consequently, his speach is affected. One of his videos explains it. Only makes sense that he'd want to put them in a format he, himself could comprehend. But, you're right, they are great and have gotten more sophisticated technically with time

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>He's profoundly deaf and consequently, his speech is affected.<<

Wow, I never would have guessed that, but it does make sense. I'll say one thing.... he really knows how to live life to the fullest!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks Fernando..... it looks like the 400 versions do not really get in the way of your feet, so I am once again interested! :)
cool! you will notice a huge difference when riding on highways and when it rains.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts