Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Long time no speak - so I cant seem to find air / wind / deflector thingies any more - I was going to get some instead of a lap blanket for the coming mild Bay Area winter weather.

Oneida no longer stock, apparently they stopped making them Last February... cant seem to find any stock - any suggestions? Yes I already wrap up warm / waterproof - its more to keep swirl and spray off in the middle of winter..

and I love this smily which I have just seen - this is another reason why this forum rocks (and not autistically) - :tool:

·
Premium Member
12,581 Posts
just a reminder, on both my o8's I put the pushpins/ plastic snappydoos whatever they are called that hold the tupperware on, in the borders of the body deflectors, leg protectors whatever they are called,,,, boy this technical jargon is killing me! so when I rode without them I could put the pins in the holes, and not have a fuzzy strip of velcro or sticky tape residue border showing , then just pull pins and re apply the leg shields when I wanted them, they held at eighty plus indicated in traffic so I will be using them again when I get my next bike ,

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
H E L L.....!!!!!!!!! Just stay at home in front of the wood stove or fireplace......

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I got my set out of amazon, however i've called Suzuki USA and Europe they have said these accessories have been discontinued in 2013.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is not good news as I was going to start looking for the 400 deflectors as well. My thought is that we just have to contact every dealer possible asking about old stock until a pair is found. The race is on...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Already bought them a couple of minutes after my post.. thanks for that. Google was my friend. If friends sell your details to the highest bidder, and have less scruples than the NSA even. Which is a pretty low bar, to be fair.

Appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Already bought them a couple of minutes after my post.. thanks for that. Google was my friend. If friends sell your details to the highest bidder, and have less scruples than the NSA even. Which is a pretty low bar, to be fair.

Appreciate it!
glad you found it, make sure you dont stick them until you're positive they are in the right position, i made a mistake and had to remove them and use a new double sided tape to install them again, no biggie but just a heads up as they dont sell 2013 model, older ones 07+ dont fit exactly as shown in some video tutorials out there so dont try to install them in the same spot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well I phoned around and trolled through the internet to find these things. The main Canadian Suzuki distribution center doesn't list these anymore and I only found one dealer/store in Canada that advertised them but their website wasn't working so I couldn't even find if they had stock. I found a site in Japan that advertised them for $111usd with shipping cost of $37 (japan.webbike.net) but I kept trying to find a North American supplier. I found quite a few places that have the deflectors at $139.95usd but I couldn't buy them from Canada and ship them to a US address for pickup. I finally found and bought a set for $139.95usd with free lower 48 shipping at sloansfastandcheap.com. Let the winter rains begin! Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Update...I did NOT manage to buy the side visors/deflector thingies :( Since Suzuki has stopped making these the store I contacted does not sell them anymore but they still advertise like they do :mad: This might hold true for all of the online sellers since I don't think anyone would keep this in stock. Hopefully a Suzuki dealer has old stock somewhere collecting dust on the shelf.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Update...I did NOT manage to buy the side visors/deflector thingies :( Since Suzuki has stopped making these the store I contacted does not sell them anymore but they still advertise like they do :mad: This might hold true for all of the online sellers since I don't think anyone would keep this in stock. Hopefully a Suzuki dealer has old stock somewhere collecting dust on the shelf.

Kimbo, see my prior posts, if that doesnt work ask Cheekygrin73 , he has just bought them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well... they took the money for the purchase... lets see!!! Will let you know if I get a refund and an explanation they are not in stock.. which goes back to my first point - no longer sold.. but there is a clear need here. Why no aftermarket? There is some "Baker" product out there, but it looks horrendous and not terribly well thought out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It took a lot of work to find mine! I orderd them from the internet and waited two weeks for my refund, after they told me they no longer made them! I started calling every dealer that I could. A dealer in GA, searched the dealer web and called back with the information. They had found only three sets in the US. A quick call to the nearest one, and I had them insalled that weekend. They are out there, just hard to find!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Already sent an e-mail inquiry to them a few days ago and they stated that they were discontinued and that they were unable to order them anymore.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes to all... So - waiting for a refund.. I ended up buying a Tucano Urbano lap blanket in the end. Around the same price, but way, way nicer all round. I had one before, should have just done this from the beginning.. Winter is coming..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts