Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got off my lazy behind and installed my recently delivered Givi windscreen and side visors on my 2013 Burgman 650 this morning........easy enough to do.....shield took about 15 minutes to replace, including unwrapping the new one...required only a Phillips screw driver.....side visors needed about 20 minutes each, including aligning, drilling and tightening......all easy and intuitive.....

TW

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
nice and easy, now a good ride to enjoy the new gear!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did my 650 exec last year. Love it but had to "re-train" my feet to avoid getting my feet trapped!
All ok now, second nature.
The screen was 3" too tall though (I'm 5ft 11"), had to shorten it. Happily I bought it for the hand protection.
Both great mods though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The wind deflectors for the pre 2013 650 are quite different from the ones offered for the 2013.

I had deflectors on my 2010 and initially had to always think through a stop and getting feet down by first pulling them back otherwise they would indeed have stayed on board while the tarmac rose up to smite me.

The equivalent for the 2013 model are a different design and don't look as though they will require the same re-training.

At least I hope not when I get mine on the 1st of March.

JimB

I did my 650 exec last year. Love it but had to "re-train" my feet to avoid getting my feet trapped!
All ok now, second nature.

The wind deflectors look real nice but the fact that they can trap your feet would be a concern for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have had mine on for about 5 weeks now and I also had to do a little retraining but after about 2 weeks it became 2nd nature. 2 weeks ago on a group ride I hit some wet leaves in the middle of a twisty and had to straighten up to keep from going down drove down into a ditch rode about 20 feet then back out of the ditch, without even thinking about it I had pulled my feet out and had them dragging the ground to keep everything upright and the guy behind me told me later that he was amazed at how fast my feet came out with the deflectors on. He thought I had knocked them off. It is all what you get used to. Training and practice. Safe scootin Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts