Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its no secret the 650 side mirrors are inadequate.. I wonder if there is any way to mate the Burgman 400 mirrors to the 650 Burgman instead of using sticky auto mirrors.Has anybody tried this idea.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't understand. My 650's mirrors are WAY better than my GF's 400. All I can see in her bike's mirrors are my broad shoulders.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I don't understand. My 650's mirrors are WAY better than my GF's 400. All I can see in her bike's mirrors are my broad shoulders.

You might check to see if her mirror heads are turned in....
if they are, you can rotate them 180 degrees on the pivot
ball toward the outside, giving a much wider field of view.
My 400 came off the showroom floor with the heads turned in.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Well its no secret the 650 side mirrors are inadequate.. I wonder if there is any way to mate the Burgman 400 mirrors to the 650 Burgman instead of using sticky auto mirrors.Has anybody tried this idea.

Not find that at all, me like them and find them perfect, I install Maxi-View fully adjustable convex mirror in each corner and have very good dead area visibility, actually remove the Maxi-View sticky convex from 2005 Burgie 650 mirror and install them on 2009.

When got 2005 did take me a while to get use to them compare to all previous bike mirror, now very happy with them.

Surely you can find aftermarket arrangement that can be fitted, try Motorcycle Larry, believe he have reservoir covers that possibly can be adapt for this.

·
Registered
753 Posts
After using these on my PC800 for 18 years and loving them I got a set for my Burgman 650 as well. http://www.saeng.com/product.php?id=253&category=61

Install them where they work best for you (a few inches under eye level is where I mounted mine) and enjoy having a better than 180 degree view behind you.

I am not sure that the ones that I have had mounted on my PC ever saved my life, but they certainly kept me from having some serious "aw s#it's" a time or two that's for sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My handlebars r in the mirrors ..if I move up then they r in the clipon s ihave on top of the mirrors ..to low they r in the stock mirrors .I run 1in. Up and 2in. Back risers .. l will c what motorcycle Larry has.. good idea

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have Saeng Quick Views at the top corners of my 2011 Burgman 650 Executive's electric windshield. They are wonderful for blind-spot checking, but too convex for rear-view. The OEM body mirrors are awful. They're way below line of sight, and they're blocked by my hands, handlebar muffs, wide loads on the back seat, saddlebags, etc. The standard Executive windshield is cut so that it tends to interfere with bar-mounted mirrors at full steering lock. I'm experimenting with fairing-mount mirrors attached to the tupperware just behind the windshield. Has anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The position of mirrors are just great,
for blind spot or having higher position mirrors I found these two options: just copy and paste them on ebay search to find them:
- classic black bar end mirrors pair aluminum motorcycle chopper bobber USA STOCK
- Motorcycle Blind Spot Autobahn Mirrors

·
Registered
364 Posts
See my previous post yesterday re Side View Mirrors
Are these the ones you have..Quick-Scans™| Shield-SS | Pair

Shield-SS Quick-Scan wide-angle blind-spot mirrors mount to clear fairings and shields. Most units are attached high on the outboard corners to keep eye scan distance to a minimum. Stainless steel screws are used to adjust mirror tension. No-holes peel-n-stick mounting is fast and easy. Money back guarantee. Price and quantity for left/right pair.

Price: $243.95

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Love the mirrors on my 650's, car sized. I have them adjusted so I can see nearly 180* behind me.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
As a B400 owner, the 650 mirrors look similar to the ones on my 05 Concours. Which were great.

I would like mirrors, on stalks, that lie closer to the handlebars. But mount the same. But it's not worth a lot of time, trouble, nor $$$$$ to find them :smile

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
As a B400 owner, the 650 mirrors look similar to the ones on my 05 Concours. Which were great.

I would like mirrors, on stalks, that lie closer to the handlebars. But mount the same. But it's not worth a lot of time, trouble, nor $$$$$ to find them :smile
Pretty sure you can get brake reservoir covers to mount them. Personally I like mirrors body mounted, less scooterish looking.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My (new to me) 400K7's mirrors are better than my GF's 400K6 but I still prefer the 650's mirrors by far. I don't understand the aversion to the 650 mirrors. It was my 1st motorcycle so maybe I wasn't prejudiced by riding other MCs before it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Doc W, Apologies for my late reply to your query - I missed your post. They are the units you described. If that is a picture of your white Burger, where did that trunk over the Px seat come from ? That looks very trick!

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
If that is a picture of your white Burger, where did that trunk over the Px seat come from ? That looks very trick!
I think that is a 'Photoshop' trunk !!!
Looks nice, tho....

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ericclapham,
I guess Rudeness prevails here, saving me the task of answering posts addressed to me.

Please free to contact Dusty he seems to know all about it.

Ride Safe, Now that it is Springtime Down under.

Doc

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Doc I don't understand the defensive statement you just made. It seems to be a curious and valid question concerning the trunk. I really like it and also would be interested in knowing if it's available somewhere or is photoshopped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts