Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just a couple more observations. The allen bolts which secure the grabrail are caphead, you'll notice the the rubber cap which covers the two heads is a tight fit, with the bracket attached it is almost impossible to refit so I swopped the allen heads for button heads with a slightly longer thread. The rubber cap then fitted OK. You have to do a bit of trial and error bending of the pannier brackets so that they clear the bike near the grabrail. I found it best to attach the top cross brace (last picture) then attach the bracket to this and on the right hand side attach it to the exhaust mount, you will then get an idea how far the pannier bracket needs to be bent. On the left side you need to first mount the supplied bracket to the regulator mount,this is the hardest part, before mounting the left bracket and again seeing how far to bend the pannier bracket (you will probably need a good vice for this) Once you are happy with the position you can make some brackets and bend them to suit. You can see better what I did on second last picture. Once done the E21 panniers fit a treat.

Cooperman

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Photo shows the grabrail bolts (button head shallower than cap head) with the seat up, you can see the bracket approx 100mm long attaches at the rear of the grabrail bolt and the other end bolts to the bent pannier bracket. Remember we are adapting the 2013- on pannier brackets to fit the pre-2013 650 Burgmans due to Suzuki redesigning the grabrails.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Mostly I'm just cheered to see a transporter bridge. I knew I'd seen it while going through Wiki about bridges, telphers*, funiculars, and stuff like that**, but it took a bit of research to identify which one it was.

Used to have a vertical lift bridge nearby, but they replaced it with an ordinary cast-concrete bridge (after settling with the marina it now blocks). Boring.

But then I'm the kind of weirdo that saw a "for sale" sign on the Bridal Veil Falls aerial tramway and restaurant back in 2008 or so (finally demolished in 2017) and thought, "man, that'd be a great place to live! How can I swing the financing on that?" before reality kicked back in.

* Telpher: Like a ski lift but for cargo.
** I want a water-balance gravity funicular in my backyard, supplied by a "water feature" (upper and lower ponds and a waterfall). Don't expect I'll ever get around to it, but wouldn't it be awesome? The other thing I want is a telpher to haul groceries up to my second-floor door and that's not happening either...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Rusty we have a vertical lift bridge also just a few miles from the transporter, Newport Bridge. Sadly the vertical lift is no longer working, long gone were the days when large ships came that far up the river so it was deemed too costly to keep operational, still open for vehicle crossing. The Transporter still works,or it did, it is currently having an inspection as it requires some structural repairs.It would be a shame if that was to close.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yeah. I like civil engineering that does stuff.

We do have nice bridges here (Port of Los Angeles and Long Beach).
I posted a few pics in an old post here.
The new Gerald Desmond Bridge isvery close to completion.

There's still a lift bridge next to the now-demolished one, but it's for rail traffic only.
The wikipedia article has a picture of both of them. The rail bridge in the foreground is the only one remaining.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I know i'm OT but
could you give a link the "cover" you have on the seat? Or a description of what material it is if hand-made?

dsc_0028.jpg

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I would like the pictures and specs.
I'll post the pictures on a different post. See

Reactions: ELF

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Parduz, I like Dave, will post the seat cover info on a different post. I'll do a few more pictures and a bit of information, links etc.

Parduz you have a pm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Afew more pictures of the panniers. View attachment 90606 View attachment 90607 View attachment 90608 View attachment 90609
Hello! This is a very nice setup you have. I have thought about doing the same for my bike, a 2009 Exec, but haven't found the mounting brackets anywhere. What did you use to mount yours? I also have Givi 55L top case installed. I know sometimes you need specific mounting brackets to make it work. Givi only sells them for 2013 models and newer but not pre-2013. Any advice?
Nevermind - I saw your earlier post detailing the modifications. Not sure I want to invest the time but I appreciate your creativity.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hi it took about half a day. Fehling have now got stock of there pannier mounts and they fit easy on the 2009. Give them a call. I was going to fit them but they had no stock and could not tell me when they were making more. So I adapted the Givi ones.

With the Fehling mounts you don't have to worry about your topbox bracket, check out the photo on there site

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Nevermind - I saw your earlier post detailing the modifications. Not sure I want to invest the time but I appreciate your creativity.
Wow, a Burgman in K-Town. PARTY! Drink a few BBK's and Parkbrauerei Perminator's for me dude. Lived 4 years there in 1987-1991.

FCK1.png

21 - 38 of 38 Posts