Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
On side stand it is only easier to fill it because the air in the tank flies easily , however i prefer filling it on center stand cause it avoids spilling gas on the bike.
If you try to overfill above 15litres, the gas leaks even if you close the cap.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What year and what model? On my 2006 400 I can get a little bit more in the tank if it is on the side stand! The reason is that the center stand lifts the rear end off the ground and that pushes the gas in the tank forward, towards the filler. It isn't a lot more, maybe a 32 oz. or so.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Side stand...I don't even get off the bike. Not worth my time getting off the bike, putting it on the CS,just to put in 32 more ounces.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I have a 2011 650. How do you put that info in your profile so it shows up when you post.
Allen
As for adding your bike type, click on the "UserCP" button at the top. When your control panel comes up click on "Edit Details" under "Your Profile" on the left. When that page comes up scroll down to the bottom and you will see "Bike Type" Type what you want to show up beside your post.

I fill my 07 650 on the center stand. You can get just a little bit more gas in but not enough to really matter a lot. The reason I fill on the center stand is that it is easier to see down into the filler neck to know that I have filled it all the way up to the cross bar.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Side stand...I don't even get off the bike. Not worth my time getting off the bike, putting it on the CS,just to put in 32 more ounces.
If you have a 650 then you must have really long arms :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts