Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i always close my side view mirrors before i pull into the garage. well in the morning i pulled my scoot out of the garage and pushed open the mirrors like i always do, but i heard a "pop" and now my mirror is floppy, and wont stay in position. i think it might be a piece of brittle plastic that broke. does any one have an idea of what i can do to fix it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Until you take it off and look at it and see what's wrong, I don't think there's much that can be done. I would think the mirror is gear driven and one of the gears has either broken, or come loose from the shaft it's fixed to. I would think that this is a sealed unit and is probably sold that way, no repair, but that doesn't mean it can't be repaired with good knowledge of mechanical repairs. I think I would also find someone here on the forum that has a repair manual and see what the options are for the mirror. I would also look online at a parts catalog and see how it's sold and the cost. When you switch the mirror from open the close does the motor run, or not, this tells if it's a gear or motor. Here is a pic of the mirror for a 2006, looks like $187.00 will fix you up, I would say it's a sealed unit. http://www.suzukipartsnation.com/oemparts/a/suz/506b7025f8700235b876b4ea/mirror-an650a

John

·
Registered
122 Posts
I do believe you are talking about manual mirrors as I do the same with mine.

It sounds like the tension spring has popped out of the holder, the holder broke or the spring is broken. The units are sealed and are not made to be worked upon.
If you want to try and fix it, you may be able to get in there but, most of the time, they are not repairable. (Once the plastic is weakened, it is hard to get it to hold the tension of the spring again.)

The assemblies run around $110US plus shipping. You could also look for a parts bike.

Kim

·
Registered
220 Posts
It does look like he is talking about the standard mirrors, my mistake. I've owned some 40 plus bikes and never would want to re-adjust my mirrors before each ride, but I guess if space is a problem then I would have to.

John

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i am talking about the standard mirrors, and to be clear it is the entire unit, not the mirror itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts