Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I want to replace the side leg shield on my 2009 AN650 with a new one from Suzuki. Can I separate the cushion that is on the back side of it without destroying it, or do I have to buy that piece too? The cushion is an addition 108 dollars, so I'd like to use the old one if I can.

Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks for the help.

Dave

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
take a thin flexible sharp blade, a long box cutter is ideal, run it between the base of the foam and the body of the leg shield,
kind of like skinning something after a hunt, small cuts at a time until the whole thing comes loose.

use a very good spray on or brush on adhesive to adhere it to the new piece...
make sure to clean the contact area with some rubbing alcohol or your favorite surface cleaner.

good luck...

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Its all about being patient, take your time peeling and as long as you dont stress it too much it should come off fine.

·
Administrator
18,394 Posts
Up here in the Great NorthWet, the foam on the inside gets very heavy with water. I took my foam off. I do not notice it gone. YMMV. :thumbup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
The foam is there to prevent vibration and rattling. It can be replaced with anything resembling the OE material. It is absolutely ridiculous of Suzuki to charge $108 for that piece of foam...probably costs them 2 cents to manufacture. I had my side leg shield off today to change transmission oil and noticed that about 1/4 of it's been chewed up by mice over the winter in my garage. Next winter I'll put some sacrificial foam out for the little beasts and maybe they'll leave my scoot alone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I appreciate it very much.

Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
Seems there are two cushions they want you to buy per the Ayers Microfiche now. I'm just buying the tupperware as it will be cheaper than spending 400 clams on noise reduction I'll never hear due to helmet noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts