Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Response to a number of different posts regarding side case racks for the Burgman 650 2002-2012.

Firstly Thanks for all the kind remarks made about my racks. To my mind they are bullet proof, they are made from marine grade 4mm Aluminium and cold pressed into shape. Since 2009 I have shipped these racks to many countries and I have had 0 reported problems. I am sorry that they are the price they are but most of the rack is handmade, also packaging and shipping from New Zealand is not cheap. The value of the USD is improving so hopefully in the near future I may be able to reduce the price.

Fehling also make or had made a good rack system however it would seem that some have not stood the test of time with a number of owners of Silvering's contacting me complaining about the Fehling tubes rusting from the inside out.

Muller Racks are good racks and are made from 2mm stainless and to get the strength they are bolted together. I am not sure if he still supplies them from Germany.

The Racks on EBay are a copy of my racks made in one piece but to reduce price they are made from 2mm stainless steel.

When I made the first pair of my racks I also made them from 2mm stainless however I had them subjected to several tests and found them to be somewhat wanting in strength compared to the Muller's bolted ones.

I was not prepared nor was I prepared for my customers to face any liability issues with the possibility of a case coming off causing an accident.

The first run of my racks were sold as they came out of the press, when I asked my customer how I could improve them nearly all said, have them painted. I went one better and had them heat injected powder coated semi-gloss black which matches quite closely to Givi side cases and If a person wants to colour code them it is very easy to do so with a light sanding to allow the paint to stick.

I have had lots of reports on the quality of my racks and the service I provide to Burgman USA Members. They can be seen here.

https://sites.google.com/site/suzukiburgmansidecaseracks/home/suzuki-burgman-650-executive-650-side-case-mount

Lastly, A big thank you to all those in the USA who have purchased Givi products via me, Givi USA have supplied a superb service to BUSA Members.

I hope you all have a great riding season:).

Kind Regards Dave

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I ordered a Givi top case and rack from Dave last week. It took THREE WHOLE DAYS before they showed up on my doorstep. This is what happens when an American orders a product made in Italy from a New Zealander!

Thanks again, Dave.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a Givi top case and rack from Dave last week. It took THREE WHOLE DAYS before they showed up on my doorstep. This is what happens when an American orders a product made in Italy from a New Zealander!

Thanks again, Dave.

Jeff
;) I think it may have a lot to do with the USA having the best postal service in the world, bar none and when you link that with Givi USA :nike:. Many of you don't think so but believe me I know. Shipping into Europe:violent1:

·
Administrator
18,739 Posts
Kiwi Dave has not been on here for just short of 3 years, Nov 2016.

You could try email him but not sure if he email is current.

[email protected]

:smile

·
Administrator
18,739 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts