Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A side case rack system is now available from me Via Givi USA. Unfortunately the are only available to some who can provide a lower USA 48 state postal address.

The rack system is complicated due to the necessity of having to have a specific Givi top case rack (the Suzuki top case plate will not cut the mustard)

The side case racks will only take the Givi E21 and the New Gvi E22 side cases. If you are considering a luggage system to enhance your new model 650 then its probably best you drop an email or P/M. You can contact me by opening the Googal link at the bottom of this post.

The picture of the bike shows the new E22 Side Case. Givi has also developed a top case rack that will take one of their Monolock cases.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Hello Dave, do SR3014 accept Maxia 52/55 ?

Do you have diagram & photo of PL3014 rack only ?

Will Dave manufacture other side rack for larger E41 case ?

New E22 will be more difficult to paint cover because of all cut in it !

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Dave, do SR3014 accept Maxia 52/55 ?

Do you have diagram & photo of PL3014 rack only ?

Will Dave manufacture other side rack for larger E41 case ?
Hi Cherie
The SR3104 is compatible with Givi Monokey top cases including the Maxia
The SR3104MM is compatible with Givi Monolock top cases.

No diagram, photo, or fitting instructions of the PL3104 rack only, hopefully Givi USA will provide me with these shortly.

To be honest I cannot see me making an alternative rack system as it will be at least 12 months before I can get my hands on a second hand new model 650. Even then the outlay cost of setting up to make a rack suitable for a lager side case may be questionable.

:eek: Givi play things very close to their chest, I had no prior knowledge of the development of the PL3104 for all I know they be making another kit so that the rack may take a larger case:rolleyes:?

·
Registered
51 Posts
So to install these side case racks you would also have to have the Givi (monokey) top case plate installed? That right?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
So to install these side case racks you would also have to have the Givi (monokey) top case plate installed? That right?
Correct !

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct, Monokey or Monolock top case plate. There is also a SR3104kit now avalable which is to fill the void were the back rest and panel are removed.

I now have PDF files for the rack system, unfortunately I can't seem to be able to post these files on BUSA. Contact me via email from the Google link below and I will return your mail with the files to anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I already have a Suzuki top case for my on my 2013 an650. Are there any options for side cases compatible with Suzuki top case? Givi option is very restrictive.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Believe Suzuki top case is made by GIVI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe but the rack is for sure diferent and do not work with side givi side racks. So I am hoping to find site racks that work with Suzuki top plate. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe but the rack is for sure diferent and do not work with side givi side racks. So I am hoping to find site racks that work with Suzuki top plate. Any ideas?
Givi worked with Suzuki to develop Givi side case racks and Givi top case racks. However Suzuki in their wisdom wanted a top case rack that they could sell with their Suzuki cases. (A case that is made by Givi but branded Suzuki) To my knowledge Givi have made the only Side case racks available for the 2013-2014. Good luck in your quest let us know if you find some.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Something not make sense in what you write.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
If you can get a pic of how the GIVI side racks mount, maybe you could make an adapter to attach the side racks to the Suzuki trunk mount. Other than making an adapter, if you want side bag mounts, you will need to get a new trunk mount, either GIVI or Fehling.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Fehling do a combo rack...
That thing look complicate for nothing, notice must remove hand rail
to use front rail bolt to support part of rack. Bottom support interfere with foot placement.

Not see photo GIVI rack by it self yet but from photo available it look like GIVI have cleaner setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts