Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on the group ride with 123 YouTube Moto-Vloggers.
The same ride as my Analyze This Video a week earlier and.....in the same curve this happened 2 riders behind me. This rider had been bragging that he was going to show everyone how to put his knee down in a curve.
Well I think he achieved it....and glad my friend met us for lunch but didn't ride until he gets more experience.
Graphic Wreck.......
http://youtu.be/n4MTEX63ids

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You're a good friend Scootereno. First for taking your friend riding and helping him out. Second for dissuading him from participating in the ride and THAT little fiasco. Lord knows what would have happened to him with this showy rider going off track.

Give us updates. I hope the guy is okay.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ouch! That was one heck of a dirt explosion behind you. Did the rider manage to walk away?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are your group rides always this exciting? Maybe a paramedic riding shotgun with the group would be handy.

I hope the last guy came out okay?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
You should publish the group ride routes in good time, to warn other road users of which roads to avoid.
Couldn't you find a track where they can knock themselves out? (Literally)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rider was taken off by ambulance drifting in and out of consciousness...not good.

I generally don't do group rides with "kids" but this was an exception. I was the LAST guy in the lead group of 40 (we split into 3 groups of 40) and I was a ride leader...or follower in this case. The 2nd group was catching us as the road got more technical and the pace slowed accordingly. That's when the show off passed the group leader (in the yellow shirt) and crashed.

The ride route was published over a month in advanced. That is why I did a pre-ride the week before. My concern was to check for gravel and salt from our snows down here. Which did bite another rider with a slow speed slide when he went wide and found some gravel. He and the bike were able to continue thankfully.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Took a second look at the video. Looks like he was gunning to pass you too Scootereno! What a way to ruin everybody's day. I feel sorry for him, as I would for any downed rider, but he was an idiot. You don't pass people on group rides, especially not on tight turns at high speeds, and you never pass the leader! He was definitely showing off.

I'm not a big believer in karma, but every once in a while I wonder.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I hope he is OK, and I hope he learned a valuable lesson!

·
Registered
119 Posts
He should be ashamed of tearing up a Burgman! :mad: What model and how bad? From the dust cloud it looked totaled.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not a Burgman!
Pimped out GSX-R with $$$$ worth of paint and FARKLE's
It was an absolutely Beautiful Bike!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Not a Burgman!
Pimped out GSX-R with $$$$ worth of paint and FARKLE's
It was an absolutely Beautiful Bike!
"Was" being the operative word in that sentence.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Clown... Thankfully he didn't kill somebody coming the opposite direction.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Wow, lots of stuff done wrong at the scene. Someone took his helmet off? And people kept moving his head around before that one guy put traction on it. Scary. The bike should have not been moved, the police accident people would have liked to see it before it was moved.

First Aid classes should be considered if this is an organized group of riders. Maybe even a couple or more going to an EMT class.

ScooteReno, let us know how the guy is doing. Please.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
It doesn't look nearly as reckless in the "from behind" video as it did in your "rear view" video, so he must have hit some gravel.
Where did the "Blood Hill" name come from?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Seems pretty apparent where the Blood Hill name came from - I've never been there, but I've watched two instances of bad craziness there in the past week. Lots of bad stuff happening at the accident scene. Sure hope that guy's able to recover.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
It doesn't look nearly as reckless in the "from behind" video as it did in your "rear view" video, so he must have hit some gravel.
Where did the "Blood Hill" name come from?
Speed was the main issue is what I gather after talking with the other riders yesterday.
Blood Mountain got it's name from a Civil War Battle fought there that "Stained the Mountain Blood Red". Hence the blood red mushroom cloud that went up.

This is the view from the guy behind me and the one I originally thought went down:

This could be the most documented crash ever.
Still have not heard anything on his condition.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rider UpDate ----- The rider was released and is back home and will survive to ride again if he so chooses. Hope his recoup is quick and if he rides again he has learned his lesson.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Rider UpDate ----- The rider was released and is back home and will survive to ride again if he so chooses. Hope his recoup is quick and if he rides again he has learned his lesson.
Thank you Scootereno. I am amazed that we wasn't hurt seriously in that accident. It looked like he had a closed head injury at the least. Glad he is okay.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

1 - 20 of 39 Posts