Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my Burgie for most of my errands around town and a couple of weeks ago I had to go to Home Depot to get some small parts for a project I was working on. I parked my 650 in the lot and as I was coming back to the scoot, I saw a nicely dressed woman park her $30K SUV in the space next to me. She was looking at the 650 when I walked up. Of course she asked me what it was and I told her it was my two wheeled Suzuki car. I showed her all the storage compartments and explained that it was an automatic transmission and got 50mpg. She stared a few more seconds and said, "Everyone should have one of those!"

Of course I had a Cheshire Cat grin all the way home! :D :D

ZH

·
Registered
857 Posts
I wonder how many of y'all park out in the sun at places like Home Depot? I had a security guy tell me to park it in the shade, out of the way of all the cages at a grocery store. He said it was "safer AND cooler." I thought he was pretty cool to let me do so. I make sure I don't block the walkways, and only do so if there is obvious shade and lots of room. I hate the bullet bikes that park in the walkways of BestBuy, etc. and take up all the walkway.

Shade is premium here, esp. this time of year.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'll park in shade if I can find any that's not being used by pedestrians. My grocery store has angled parking, and at the very end nearest the door is a triangle leftover perfect for a motorcycle to park in. If there is no shaded spot available, I'll park there. It is THE place, so if another motocycle is already there the only place left is a cage slot.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Shade. When I am on long ride in hot weather I often find myself looking for a convenience store with a shaded parking spot. I'd like to buy gas & a cold drink, then hang out in the shaded spot for 10 minutes or so while I have my drink and relax. Hard to find - usually impossible to find. The only shade is by the gas pumps. I hate that.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
At the local WalMart, I park on the sidewalk next to where they push the shopping carts into the building. It's out of the way and usually in the shade. I have parked on the sidewalk in downtown (where there's no parking on the road) a couple of times to keep the bike in the shade. So far, no problems from the local law enforcement.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I do the same, Billmeek, but at the new Target in my town. Their sidewalk is on the north side of the building, so on all but a few mid-year days it has some shade to park in. The local Walmart, K-mart, Home Depot, and quite a few other store sidewalks face south. No shade 'cept on cloudy days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts