Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Burgies,

2day is the day. I live in Detroit & my dealer is about 90 minutes away. Our original agreement was he would deliver but becuz it's a brand new '04, I thought maybe I should get dropped off & ride it back. I'm an experienced rider but I have never done distance before. Besides, I thought if something is wrong with the bike, I can leave it at the dealer instead of having them come pick it up from my home. What are your thoughts???

·
Registered
689 Posts
Why would you not want to ride it home?. Without a dough you should and enjoy it all the way.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
LIGHTSKIN523 wrote (snipped)
I'm an experienced rider but I have never done distance before
Spend 5 min. in the dealers parking lot, get use to the controls and switches. Be careful and when you get home the odds are you will think the ride was to short.
By the way, don't forget to stop for gas, get a soda, relax , and enjoy.

Besides you have done distance riding b/4-
After all a long distance ride is only a bunch of short rides put together. :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Ride it.

Steve

And remember to Gear Up!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ride it. Just take two motrin for the sore smile muscles you will have by the time you get home.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
.............and check the tyre pressures some dealers forget! :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Ride Captain Ride, upon your Mystery Ship.....

I did it in the rain for 50 miles. Man did I ride like a kid on training wheels! :D

Norm's right - dbl chk the pressures.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well just when I got the courage 2 ride it home, the weather had other plans. It rained all day. Oh well, dealer gonna deliver 2morrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts