Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Burgman riders! I am buying a Burgman 400 and wondering about the value of buying an extended warranty, and if so, for how long? I won't be doing a lot of traveling, consequently I won't be putting on a lot of miles, so that may affect your opinion. I have heard that under these circumstances extended warranties are not worth it. Any advice?

Bob Dorsett

·
Super Moderator
8,061 Posts
Many here did purchase the warrenty, I did not.

I feel if something is wrong it usually happens in the 1st. year.

Ive owned Suzuki's before and had never had a problem.

It is another form of insurance. I am comfortable not having.

Just my choice,

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have a few months left and have not given extended warranty much thought.
Three questions, how much for how long and just what is covered.
Perhaps someone who bought the coverage could answer these questions 8)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Bob,

I paid $399 for the 4 year extended warranty. I figure if it covers one repair it has paid for itself. The other reason for the purchase is resale value. Some people will be more likely to purchase a used bike if it is still under factory warranty. Another factor to consider is the amount you plan on driving. As I commute 84 miles each way to work, I planned on racking up some milage on the bike. If you're going to ride a over couple thousand miles a year, you might also consider the warranty. For $100 per year, I thought it was worth it. As a remineder, you can purchase the warranty any time while the Burgman warranty is still in effect. I knew if I didn't purchase it up front, I'd end up spending the cash on more toys for the Burgman. ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I paid $380 plus tax for my extended warranty. considering the complexity of the Burgman 650 (belts, trans, FI, dash and the like), I thought it made sense. Reality is that it cost me $130 per year.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Bill;
If my math is anywhere near right we are talking about under 30 cents a day,
more or less what's covered.. that does not include road service right.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Randy said:
that does not include road service right.
Nope. No road service. Got that thru my insurance co.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.