Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take the CF Moto Jetmax out for a short ride before getting her cleaned up and ready for pictures for the criagslist ad.

On the road, I hit a bump. Sputter, sputter, die.
Pulled to the side of the road, turned off the key, wait a few seconds, and try starting her up. It fired up and run about 10 seconds and died, and that was it. I pushed her to a side road and walked 4 miles to the house. Hooked up the trailer and some good guy stopped by and helped me push the bike up the ramp.

So...Dash display is normal, but no headlights. Nothing when I hit the starter button. All switches are physcially in the correct position. Checked the easy access fuses, all look fine. Battery voltage checked over 12V. Put it on the tender overnight.

So today I will pull out the wiring diagram and start troubleshooting. It is still on the trailer, so it is easier access than bending over, and if I give up, I can just bring it to Marty for him to fix it.

That was my Saturday.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nothing more frustrating than having your baby die on you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed!!

Fuse block harness connected to a 8 terminal connector housing. Two terminals were not seated. Took about an hour and a half, part of that finding the schematic online and then eliminating the circuits that did work.

Now to pretty her up for her photo shoot and sell it soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
Woot!!
Best luck on selling it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts