Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was calling around today in my area to see who actually had them and who did not. Of the 6 or so I called only a couple actually had any. Two said they did not have any and would not until the 05's come out which was at the end of summer. A couple said they did not have any but could get me one. And the "on the phone price quote" from one dealer had me laughing and thinking yeah right. He quoted me 7400 OTD price for the 400 and 9320 OTD price for the 650!!!!!!! I guess these are those special limited edition 24K gold trimed Burgmans :wink: The only descent sounding OTD price quote I got was 5400 OTD for the 400. Does that sound like a descent price? Of course I know that getting a phone quote is not a concrete price. They want you to come in and wheel and deal with them. I just wanted to get an idea of where to go and who had what. Seem scarce in my area (Georgia). Gas prices hit 1.93 a gallon here this week. These type vehicles may become popular and thus be even more scarce.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Chief, unless Suzuki is changing it's pattern, the '05s will be out in Jan 05. $5,400 for the bike only, is not a "good" price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
roy_ryall said:
Chief, unless Suzuki is changing it's pattern, the '05s will be out in Jan 05. $5,400 for the bike only, is not a "good" price.
So you do not think 5400 is a good OTD price with tax and everything included? What would be a good out the door price? That is the problem I am having. I have seen some posts on what people paid but mainly for the 650's. I don't want to get took. I really wanted a 650 to be honest with ya. But it is easier to tell someone who may help you get financing a price of 5400 compared to 7000. See I am a big guy 6 foot 285 lbs. I am affraid the 400 will not be good for me. What do yall think? Also anyone one willing to tell "what was your OTD price?" Give me some 400 OTD prices and 650 OTD prices. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Chief, I'd strongly recommend that you sit on both bikes and judge for yourself which one "fits" you best. Check the legroom and with both feet on the floorboards turn the bars full left and full right and make sure they do not hit your legs. Settle your butt into the seats and make sure you are comfortable and not forced into an uncomfortable position that will only get worse after a few miles. If your wife is going to ride with you, let her get on the seat with you and make sure you'll both be comfortable.
I know it may be tempting to purchase the bike that is more comfortable on your wallet but, unless it also fits your XXL body, that decision will soon become a real "pain in the butt" that you might regret. A test ride will answer a lot of your questions. Good luck and enjoy shopping! :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
At 6 feet and 285? Plus you're going to ride double? That's way too much for the 400. Get the 650.

I read somewhere on this site that there are supposed to be a bunch of '03's for sale at some dealership in the midwest (Ohio?).

As you don't list your location....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as far as riding the bike it will be just me, solo. My wife does not really even want me to get a bike but hey I figure she will get over it sooner or later, hopefully sooner than later. I may find out today (since it is past midnight) whether or not I can get financial help. So, I may go looking soon. I really deep down inside want the 650 and may break down and try to get one. But then again it is hard to get a good deal here so may have to settle for the 400 instead just to save a few bucks. Not that I think the 400 is bad I would love either one. But you know how it is, the mind set that "bigger is better", "better too big than to small", etc. But I guess on the flip side there is "the bigger they are the harder they fall" :wink: Well we will see soon enough. The out of state thing (Ohio) is a good deal but I would have to pay shipping and then be hit with taxes once I went to register it in my state so in the end it would not really be a good deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Chief, I just bought an 03 AN650 from Xtream Suzuki for $6388 out the door. It is costing $389 to ship to Albuquerque and they know how to do it. They have 03's 04's 400's and 650's and I think it will work for me. I'll let you know when I pick it up next week. They have a very good rating on E-bay which is where I found them. Just search on Burgman and they will come up. Jon was easy to deal with and knows how to ship.
Dave

·
Registered
320 Posts
size matters ;-)

Chief,

Re: the size of the 650 vs. the 400. In my humble and newbie opinion, the guys are steering you right. I'm 5'1" and could see trading up to a 650 down the road (a year or two). The 400 is a great bike, and I love it, but I'm not sure how comfortable you'd be on it for long. Lynn aka Tallwoman is 5'11" and says the 400 is almost too small for her.

If you can, see about getting the 650. Glad to see buying a Burgie is on the docket again for you. :)

Cheers,

Bryna

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay shopping here (Georgia) is just plain weird. For example a few I have called said they have none and will not till the 05's come out in Sept. They did not say they could get me one or nothing. Well a couple of the other dealers I called did not have any but said they could get me one. Then there were a few dealers that still had some 03 models. Then some that had 04 models. All in all I have not found very many and am affraid I will not get a good deal when I go to try and make a deal. I guess I will update when I get a chance to go actually try and make a deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts