Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the procedure for syncing the throttle bodies is explained in the 650 service manual? It's the only reason I would buy one if the procedure was in it. I know how to change all the oils and basic maintenance and the bike is under warranty for three years so if something goes wrong I will let the dealership handle it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, it is in the manual - all of one page. (but only needs less than half a page!)

Essentially all it says is after warming up the engine, connect a tach, start the engine, bring the engine to 1200 rpm.
Check the vacuum on the two cylinders by balancing with the synchronization screw.

You set the rpm to 1200 with the throttle stop screw.

That's it.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Just to add a small note , they say to hook up a vaccuum balancer gauge part # 09913-13121 and says to adjust so that the two floating balls are at the same level.
I don't know if you can get this gauge or not from suzuki as its not listed in the available tool section in the back of the manual, neither is the tach you need to hook up as well. I dont know if you could get a generic vaccuum gauge at an auto parts place or not. If you want I could scan this page for you and send it via e-mail. Just let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts