Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lusting after this helmet.. But it is a lot of $$

Wondering if anyone has popped for one of these new designs.. I currently have A Shoei Multitec and really like it.. It does something to be desired as far as ventilation.. and supposedly that is a lot better in the Neotech.. also love the internal sun visor which eliminates the need to change shields from tinted to clear at dusk.. I hate doing that..

The included pinlock system is also good.. Just looking for feed back, if any.. at $629 or whatever it is.. that is a lot of dough.. Only interested in feedback on this helmet.. not other options... Thanks..

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I have one.
I liked it so much - I even sprung for another one for my other half.
They are horrendously expensive and I am a tight arse when it comes to spending my hard earned.
Do you need a more unequivocal recommendation?

Much improved on the Multitech - the ventalation is superb and of course the integral sun visor is a must.

However - if your Multitech is still in its first flush of youth it may be worth hanging around a while to see if prices drop a tad.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Norman.. That is an endorsement wrth hearing.. My Multitec is about 4 years old ( I think).. I picked it up brand new in the box at a MC superstore that was going under for about $250... I am so cheap, I can't picture getting something new yet & yet that neotech has so many features that really seem to be perfect.. Thhe only thingthat bigs me (a little) withthe multitec is the fogging.. Yesterday it was about 48 degrees when I left the house.. I leave my helmet in my top box.. Until I hit the freeway at 70 or so, I had to squint between the fog on the facxe sheild and the pinlic sems perfect to solve that.. I have an XL in the Multitec.. I assume the sizing is somewhat consistent. I wear glasses.. and the multi tec is great with those... I expect the Neotec will be as well...

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Fit a pinloc to the multitech then?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NormanB said:
Fit a pinloc to the multitech then?
I also like the internal shade... I really despise changing the shield ... I always struggle with it.. the internal shield does away with that..

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I had one and sold it. I thought it was heavy. Replaced it with a Shoei Qwest. Much more comfortable. Put on a Pinlock shield and put electrical tape along the top as a sun shield. With my superdark Oakleys, it's easy to deal with different light conditions. And, a Qwest is much cheaper.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried on an XL last week.. The fit was way different than my Multi tec.. The biggest issue was where the helmet landed across my forehead.. I wear glasses.. all the time.. the darn thing was resting hard on the top of my glasses , pushing them down into my nose.. I went for a ride (in the rain) today.. My multi tec was no where near the top of my glasses.. That's weird... Norman.. does that square with you? This just seems like an odd place for the fit to fall apart.. My multi tec is really comfortable.. with glasses? and riding tonight.. I came home.. rather than change my tinted shield.. as it was getting dark..

I'm wondering if an XXL might help.. I was thinking about looking for a contact at Shoei USA to see if they have info on the fit compared to the multi tec.. I was very disappointed.. I drove an hour to a place that had an XL in stock so I could try it on..

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well that may well be a disappointing but affirms the wisdom of try before you buy. I do not wear specs, nor have I had a Mulitech so I can add no value here for you.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called Shoei today... basically there is a larger pad for the top of your head to get it to fit better...I still have to try some on before I buy.. way too expensive to make a mistake..

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Chérie have medium Neotec 1 month now.

Love, love, love me Neotec helmet !

It replace medium Shoei RF-1000 have 6 - 7 year now.

Sun shade fantastic, no fog after install Pinlock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts