Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have said before, the most riding experience I have had was on a Goldwing which handles bumps, bridges, and potholes quite well. I love my 650 and would not swap it for another wing but it just about ruptures my kidneys when I hit rought road, like where the pavement meets a bridge. Sometimes it can acutally hurt a little.

So my question is this....where should my shocks be set for a softer ride? Right now they are on the #1 setting. Is that the softest or the hardest?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Vanzo

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
1=softest, try 5

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
When your shocks are set too soft, they will bottom out on large bumps. Thats where the biggest "ouch" occurs. "Softest setting" therefore does not necessarily give the best ride. That is why Norman is suggesting that you try the other end of the scale (firmest setting). You will have to experiment to see what setting works best for your weight, riding style, and the typical road conditions where you live.

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
Typically, the stock set up is usually too weak. I run #3 solo,and @ higher speeds (80+, expressway)#4, 2 up#4, 2 up higher speeds #5. These work well, as long as the bumps are coming from the rear end.

If the front, it's more involved, but I did it, and it helped. I run heavier fork oil, and reduced the front spring load.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts